Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan G Martin

GMAX/FS9 Common Texture Type?

All,I've started preliminary texturing on a project and am running into an issue.The textures I use in GMAX appear in GMAX but do not appear in FS9.If I convert the BMP textures to 888 or DXT1, I see them in FS9 but not in GMAX.Is there a common BMP type to see the texture in both? Am I missing a setting in GMAX?Many thanks.

Guest Dan G Martin

It's simple use standard bit maps (.bmp) in gmax and then convert yourtextures to DXT useing DXT to BMP. Please note that gmax will not display DXT textures. You could use standard bmps in FS9 but the textures size is larger with .BMP than with a DXT and you do not get Mip mapping with standard .BMP's. If you think you might need to work with your textures in gmax in the future then simply save a copy of your original BMP's so that you will be able to view them in gmax.Hope I've been of some help to you. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario.

Dan,Thank you for responding.In essence I will need a working copy for GMAX (Windows BMP) and a final copy for FS9 (DXT1). It's double-work but that is doable. Best Regards,

Guest Dan G Martin

Yes that's what one has to do (it's not all that much work really). Dan Martin.