Sign in to follow this  

Dynamic Scenery

Hi guys, I've been having a problem since I got FS 2002. Little to no dynamic scenery or AI traffic whatever you'd like to call it. I have my Dynamic Scenery cranked up all the way and checked on. But even at O'Hare maybe only 3 or 4 jets. And JFK had nothing, Newark had one jet. It's very frustrating and very lonely out in my FS world. Does anyone have any idea why there isn't anything much at all? I've tried the help on the FS tips page that has a link on the top of the forum page here, but no luck. I have tried to play with Traffic Tools but havn't had much luck how can I get my O'hare and big airports looking like big airports with planes galore? PLEASE PLEASE help :) someone.Thanks a lot guys,Matt

Guest SD Sim

Hi Matt,I no longer use ATC or dynamic scenery (due to WidevieW stability issues), but I can offer one piece of advice - on the opening screen is a selection for settings. From there you'll find a radio button for Air Traffic Control. Select that and you'll be presented with a slider for traffic percent. If you turn this up to 100%, you should be inundated with traffic. If this slider is already at 100%, then I'm not sure what the solution is.

Do you have the Std or Pro version? They both use the same AI traffic database. If you have the Std version, you can get more traffic by downloading a few aircraft and giving them the following titles in the aircraft.cfg:Cessna Grand CaravanCessna Grand Caravan Paint1Beech Baron 58Beech King Air 350Mooney Bravo

AI traffic is *NOT* the same thing as dynamic scenery.You can turn off dynamic scenery completely in Options/Settings/Display/Scenery, but still see lots of AI traffic.Check that you have full AI traffic enabled by setting AI Traffic Percent to 100 in Options/Settings/ATC.Then, if you want even more AI traffic than MS provided, you can get into Traffic Tools - take a look at the TTools forum - but be prepared to spend lots of time :)

There is no dynamic scenery included with Flight Sim 2002. Some add-on sceneries, such as the SimFlyers sceneries, do include dynamic scenery.Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information