Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

FSX ground polygon

Guest OK_cfi

I'd like to place an irregular patch of dirt in FSX and have it blend into the existing background. I have the texture created in Photoshop complete with the blending that I want, but what format does this need to be in for FSX? Also, what is the best way to place it?Thanks,Jeff C.CFI, 2L

Hello Jeff,There are a few ways to accomplish this.The easiest is probably to create a simple object in GMax, just a horizontal plane textured with your image. Raise it a little, then export as a model (MDL). You can place it as usual, using BGLComp.Or, you can place your texture as custom ground (photo-real) - if you want to try that, please see Make photo-real ground textures in Flight Simulator X available in the Avsim library:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=112595Best regards.Luis