Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

AGN file libraries and/or documentation on file format?

Guest cbuchner1

Any open source libraries available that read and write FS 2004 AGN files? I am trying to add some Autogen to Tileproxy in the coming months based on some automated feature detection.I am however a bit reluctant to write a parser or writer for AGN files from scratch. Even then I would need file format documentation. Is there a good source for that?I we are lucky, the Autogen will turn out just as beautiful as the water masks do today:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=269274&page=Christian

Hello Christian,The only documentation for the agn format that I know is what you will find in this forum. The FS 9 autogen format was pretty completely described here, and I think that some of the FS X changes were also mentioned.Congratulations on getting the water masks to work - it looks great! Unfortunately, as you have no doubt noticed, the source images for the Caribbean are rarely that good - much of the region is not covered by aerial images, and even those islands that have high resolution images are often blanketed by clouds. So, custom textures are rarely an option in this part of the world.By the way, here is the FS X-style version of the same island covered in your screenshots:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184679.jpgThe lagoons and even the water hazards on the golf course are landable water, and they would even change color if I had water effects turned on.Best regards.Luis