Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Error/Problem Message

I have recently upgraded my PC. I now have an ASUS P4B266-C Motherboard with a Pentium 4 1.6GB chip. I also upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce4 MX 420. I run the system with Windows 2000.After the upgrade, I had to reinstall all the programs. I had to improve the AntiVirus from Norton's 2000 to 2002 that runs in the background. The rest were the same programs I used before, including FS2002.Since then, I cannot fly FS2002 (on line or off) without it freezing and sending me a message telling me that it found a problem, asking if I want to send it to Microsoft or not, and if I want to restart FS2002 (I attach a screen shot). I tried to run FS2002 with the AntiVirus disabled, and the problem persists. It happens very randomly within the flight, sometimes within a minute, sometimes within an hour, but it happens on all flights. It only happens with FS2002; I have been on line with ProController for hours without a problem and doing other work on the PC without a problem.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (PS: I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia, and it didn't help)Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Guest SD Sim

I can think of two possible solutions. First, looking at your desktop, there are a number of add-on programs you are using with FS2K2. Since you remark that you are not having problems with other applications, it sounds like a problem within FS2K2. For starters, I would reinstall FS2K2 - run uninstall, and then (very important) backup and manually delete (or move to a new folder) all those add-ons. Try running FS2K2 barebones and see if the problem goes away. IMHO this is the quickest route to finding the source of your problem. If this solves the problem, then slowly add back your add-ons until you find the culprit.The second possibility (which is a long shot, if a possibility at all) is that there is some instability in your OS that is only affecting FS2K2. When you installed your new MB, did you do a clean install of the OS? From other posts I've seen, it would seem that this is a worthwhile, though admitedly cumbersome, endeavor.Good luck.

Roberto:He estado investigando un poco tu caso, y lo que te recomiendo es que empieces de cero, formatear tu disco y reinstalar todo de nuevo. He leido testimonios de gente que han solucionado su problema de esa forma. Lo que te sugiere David tambi

Roberto,I have the exact same system you do.I have a P-4 1.6ghz GeForce2 MX/MX400.Windows 2000 OS.Here is what I did to fix it.I clicked on Windows Update under the Start button and it took me to the Windows Official Website.Download the undated drivers and get the service pack.After I did that I havent had that problem anymore.Try that and see what happens.P.S. You might want to close down some of your system resources that run in the backround.You dont really need things like Norton Antivirus running if you are playing FS2002.Having too many programs running while FS2002 is running will slow your performance.Cheers!Jared

Jared I have the exact same system as you but with Windows XP. What settings do you run FS 2002 on and what kind of performance do you get? Becuase I haven't been getting any amazing results yet...

Adam,Its kinda hard to say.I have a Compaq and I am a little dissapointed in the performance.Compaq,from what I have heard,is used mainly for office applications and Photo editing.I have my settings set on high and I get about 13-25fps.It jumps around depending on where I am.I have experimented with different drivers for my video card and have gotten mixed results.I currently have the 28.32 drivers and I satisfied with it now.I am more satisfied than dissapointed though.Cheers!Jared

I think the main problem we have is the Geforce 2 MX...a Geforce 3 or any non-mx version would probably give better performance