Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

how does one start?

Guest soberon

Designing scenery attracts me since a long time. However the complexity scares me off. I enjoyed runway12 because of its simplicity. Are there any other programs like that which allows beginners to just click and have scenery?Erik Soberoneriksoberon@hotmail.comSPECS:Win Vista 64 Ultimate Motherboard: MSI P35 platinumProc.: Intel Core2 duo E6750 coolerMem: 2 x 1 GB DDR2 Twin 800 Mhz Corsair HD 1: Western Digital 750 GB SATAII 16MBHD 2: Western Digital 500 GB SATAII 16MBGraphic Card 1: Point of View Nvdia 8800 GTS 640MB POVGraphic Card 2: Asus 8400GS 256 MB Case: Anec performance OneP182Voeding: Corsair voeding HX 620 W

What version of FS do you want to design for? And what do you want to do?If you just want to add objects then the easiest programs are probably EZ-Scenery (FS9) from Abacus or Instant Scenery (FS9 or FSX)from Flight1. Both a commercial so you need to pay for them.If you want to go further then it gets a bit more complicated and there are different programs for different things

Guest soberon

Thanks, I will try them asap.It's just that I travel a lot and after a journey I like to fly low&slow over that region. It's nice if you can fe put a lighthouse on a cliff you've seen. Also I would like to copy the surroundings of my house (parltly rural, partly industrial) and build my own small airport there. I would even pay someone to do that. Do you know guys who could do that?Erik Soberoneriksoberon@hotmail.comSPECS:Win Vista 64 Ultimate Motherboard: MSI P35 platinumProc.: Intel Core2 duo E6750 coolerMem: 2 x 1 GB DDR2 Twin 800 Mhz Corsair HD 1: Western Digital 750 GB SATAII 16MBHD 2: Western Digital 500 GB SATAII 16MBGraphic Card 1: Point of View Nvdia 8800 GTS 640MB POVGraphic Card 2: Asus 8400GS 256 MB Case: Anec performance OneP182Voeding: Corsair voeding HX 620 W

Well there are tools that will allow you to build your own airport and it is quite easy to do.For FSX you have a choice of AFX (payware companion to Instant Scenery), FSX Planner or Airport Design Editor - the last two are freeware.In FS9 there are also several tools but most people use AFCAD2.21 to design airports although SceneGenX is a good alternative and is more of an all round scenery design tool