Sign in to follow this  
Guest ttn123

ANOTHER AFCAD PROBLEM

Guest ttn123

Hi all,I like to add both ILS for runway,and the airport is stock airport file in FS Scenery,after i finished afcad i saved it in FS Scenery folder as AP977xxx.BGL for covering the old file,it lookswell.but,when i reopen the airport i found only one ILS there,so i added one ILS again for both ILS and saved it.reopening,the airport still has only one ILS which is added just now.this is what happen to me and confused me i have changed the different ident for ILS.anyone can help me?regardskane

If I understand correctly you have replaced the stock file with one of your own. This you should not do. First if there is more than one airport in the file you may have removed all the other airports and second it is generally considered bad practice to actually modify or replace the stock files. If you have created and AFCAD version of your airport then you should save that in the Addon SceneryScenery folder or a scenery folder structure you make yourself below Addon Scenery.As for the ILS are you trying to place two at the same runway and same runway end?

Guest ttn123

Jon,Yes i opened and modified the stock file and saved as replacing the stock file in FS Scenery folder which is the default scenery folder of FS.after read your reply,i understood what you said and i will stop replacing the stock file and put them on addon scenery or scenery folder structure.For ILS,for example,one runway,18/36,i want to put two ILS,one is for 18,one is for 36,i modified the stock file,addingtwo ILS and saved(replacing the stock file),when i restartFS,only one ILS appear another disappear,so i added ILS again,start FS,but it still appear the latest ILS another disappear.thank you!>If I understand correctly you have replaced the stock file>with one of your own. This you should not do. First if there>is more than one airport in the file you may have removed all>the other airports and second it is generally considered bad>practice to actually modify or replace the stock files. If>you have created and AFCAD version of your airport then you>should save that in the Addon SceneryScenery folder or a>scenery folder structure you make yourself below Addon>Scenery.>>As for the ILS are you trying to place two at the same runway>and same runway end? >