Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ford Friendly

Deleting an abandone airfield

Guest Ford Friendly

I was working on landclassing the Tyndall AFB area in FSX and ran into a bit of strangeness - an airfield in the sim which is unnamed and not shown on GPS. Real world coords: 30* 01' 13.58"N 85* 29' 47.41"WIn FSX, this airfield appears approximately 1 mile EESE.Google pic of area http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z66/For...iew_Tyndall.jpg Sim pic of the field http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z66/For...M_n_Unknown.jpg As you can see, it's "misplaced" according to Google no matter what the ident and right now, my GPS doesn't list it as anything in "Nearest". It turns out that this is an airfield that is used on which to practice runway repair. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/silver-flag.htmWhat I am trying to do: move the airfield and relandclass the surrounding area.What I have tried:AFX - no go as cannot identify the airfield by name or ICAO.SBuilderX - 1. relandclass and remove all Airport Boundaries. No luck.2. draw a polygon, make a hole, relandclass. No luck.Out of ideas... Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Are you absolutely sure that this is not coming from an addon of some sort? I just loaded KPAM into ADE (which reads and displays other airports within 25NM) and there is no 2PAM or you mystery airport in the stock FSX airport files. A51 is in the direction shown

Guest Ford Friendly

Thanks for the reply. I just got the solution a bit ago.It turns out that 2PAM is an MAIW created afcad/airbase that reflects part of Tyndall AFB. It represents the runway that QF4 target drones use. Their perspective was that by separating the two areas, they more easily control QF4 parking and flightplans.MAIW also included the "unknown" airfield in the 2PAM afcad - something that I'd have seen if I had zoomed out far enough in AFX. Someone on the MAIW forums pointed out my oversight.For my sim, I've decided to split this "non-flying" airport out from 2PAM also even though it is technically part of KPAM/Tyndall AFB. I want to be able to identify any runway I see using the GPS - part of what started this whole saga.Anyway, thanks again for the reply.Edited to add:BTW, thanks for your scenery tutorials. I've read and used them all to one extent or another! They are what gave me the guts to take another shot at using SBuilder - this time, the FSX version. I'm making progress and "it's your fault!" ;P