Sign in to follow this  

Question Guys...

Well first the problem:I am having problems with stutters and pauses when I am on the ground taxing and especially on the runway just prior to taking off. Once in the air, the problem seems to go away. In addition to the pausing, ATP voices stutter and seem to get hung up.I have enditall, so background programs are ended.Here is my system:Athlon 1.2G 200Mhz bus512 133Mhz SDRAMGeForce256 DDR 32Mb (driver 4.13.01.2311)19" monitor @ 1600x1200x16Maxter 30GB 7200 Soundblaster AudioCould the problem be my videocard? Could textures be loading too slowly? What kind of improvements could I expect by going to a GeForce4 4200/4400/4600 with 128Mb of SDRAM. Would that speed things up to where I don't have the darn pauses and stutters?Any questions or comments would be greatly appreciated. I am sure that it would help others with similar problems.Thanks,Rob

Guest PaulL01

Hi Rob,>I am having problems with stutters and pauses when I am on >the ground taxing and especially on the runway just prior to >taking off. Once in the air, the problem seems to go away. >In addition to the pausing, ATP voices stutter and seem to >get hung up. >>I have enditall, so background programs are ended. >>Here is my system: >>Athlon 1.2G 200Mhz bus >512 133Mhz SDRAM >GeForce256 DDR 32Mb (driver 4.13.01.2311) >19" monitor @ 1600x1200x16 >Maxter 30GB 7200 >Soundblaster Audio >>Could the problem be my videocard? There are a couple of things:First, is there somthing sharing the same IRQ with the video card or the sound? If thats the case then that would be a problem and you should re-asign the offending hardware some other IRQ.Second, what chipset does your motherboard use?If Via, go to Viahardware.com and look up or search for "Soundblaster audio problem" make sure you know what card you are using, you may find that you may need to simply apply a driver fix for the MB or a patch for windows.Third, what size AGP aperture are you using in the BIOS?Nvidia suggests that some stuttering may be cured by lowering your AGP aperture size.Your card should run FS2k2 just fine with no stuttering, but you can help it by not trying to run to high of a screen resolution and make sure to try turning off AA as that will be slowing that card down a lot.>Could textures be >loading too slowly? What kind of improvements could I >expect by going to a GeForce4 4200/4400/4600 with 128Mb of >SDRAM. Would that speed things up to where I don't have the >darn pauses and stutters? With the GF4TI you would be able to handle the high resolution and use AA without it hindering your performance, but it might not solve your stutter problem.I hope something here helps you.Paul

If none of the above work, set your sound quality to minimum under options, settings, sound.

How do I check the IRQ?Thanks... Rob

I can't offer any more suggestions than what's already been stated above, but I would like to know where I can get the "enditall" program from. I've searched here and at Flt.Sim.com, but have found nothing. Anyone that could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance, Matt

I have had the EndItAll program installed for over two years on my machine. I believe I got my copy at CNET.com.

>I have had the EndItAll program installed for over two years >on my machine. I believe I got my copy at CNET.com. Thanks for the quick reply! Hope you get all your problems sorted out.Matt