Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Payware Scenery design

Guest felixfly

Hi all,I would like to start creating some scenery to sell on the internet, mainly small GA airfields in the UK. Could someone who does this please give me some advice on how to get started. Im ok with the modelling but would like to maybe get some kind of income from it.How would i go about selling through someone like Justflight? Do these companies create their own scenery or do they publish other peoples and give them a cut.I would be interested in hearing from somebody who is doing this about the business side of things.RegardsFelix

Hi Felix, just an FYI, considering how small the payware market is in this community, I wouldn't expect to many pointers from existing payware developers, would be poor business sense.Best bet is to develop a few freeware offerings and get people familiar with your talent and build a following of sorts. Ihis will help open some doors for you. This community places a big emphasis on freeware and a sense of "community", so developers that do both freeware and payware tend to gain a better reputation.As for selling thru existing companies, contact them for more info on that.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW