Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Landclass -2 questions about using it...

I've noticed that if I edit the landclass for a scenery area, compile a BGL and install it, it will look wrong if I put it into the same directory as other scenery. That is, I can not distribute it directly along with whatever scenery I am designing. Instead, I have to creat a seperate "scenery" directory, and add it there instead of just dropping the BGL into the same scenery directory.Why is this?Also, if you look around most airports, you see a "shading" that covers the landclass around the runway. Actually, it almost seems like it is it's own special landclass, since it still appears underneath the runway regardless of what landclass type is selected. It does not seem to be a "mask" for the landclass underneath.Anyway, is there a way to get rid of it (the masking effect)?- Martin

Guest christian

1. The problem may be that you have a 'texture' directory. If you have one, then you have to copy all landclass textures into this directory, or move them into the root texture dir.2. These are airport background polygons and are the successors of the 'ground polygons'. You'll have to download and read my 'NZRC - Ryans Creek aerodrome' scenery.Cheers, Christian