Sign in to follow this  
Guest falko

Mesh over the deafult sea texture

Guest Cazador

Dear All:I have created a small island over the default FS2002 sea texture using a Phototerrain scenery , but whwn i create the mesh terrain, only the part of the island where were the default displaced island have mesh eleavtion and the part where was the default sea texture is flat.Is there a way to create mesh terrain over the deafualt sea textures.I see hat the sea texture in FS2002 faltten the terrain.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

Hi Alfredo.I'm assuming your mesh is near a coast... either another island or the mainland.What may be happening is a HYP-type file or FLT-type file is doing a coastline correction in this area. These files override mesh, as do modern runway commands. If the area is western South America, the HYP file should be in:'C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBWesthemsamewScenery'It is one of the HYP prefixed files. If you rename the file to deactivate it, you may also need to delete the "Scenery.dat" file associated with the 'scenery' folder, to force the sim to recognize the folder content change.

Guest falko

Since flatten-polygons are overwriting mesh-terrain it should be possible to get elevated terrain by using latten-polygons witch overwrites those used by FS2002. I even was successful in changing the elevation of FS2002 lakes by using flatten-polygons.