Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cazador

Correcting coordinates to match SRTM Mesh

Dear All:I'm correcting the coordinates of same airports of my scenery because, some maps has the DATUM: Porvisional 1956 and the SRTM data has WGS84, i read in my topographic mad that i have to add 12.4" Lat and 7.7" Long to my Prov1956 maps, this conversiton is for UTM Zone 18, for other zones and areas the conversion changes ? How many?I just have 3 maps with the old datum, but i have to correct the postion of a lot of buildings, macros, islands and son on.The good new are that my Phototerrain scenery match with the SRTM mesh terrain in valleys, mountains, shorelines....Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola Lima Peru

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Alfredo:ah, the wondrous (complicated) world of geographic projections...Sorry, I don't have a direct answer to your question but I suggest you try your luck with the freeware Geotrans software, which comes with about a billion different geoggraphic projections and allows for, you guessed it, translation between them. Hope this helps.http://164.214.2.59/GandG/geotrans/geotrans.htmlP.S. I never worked much with it myself so I can't tell you any particular tips; sorry.Cheers, Holger

Dear Holger:Thanks, for youl help, the program geotrans is what i wanted and needed, it will help me to convert my coordinates to the WGS84 datum for a specific area, because the convertion units changes from Lat and Lon zones.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru