Sign in to follow this  
Guest AMC612

Mesh not showing up

Hi Sergio.I'm glad this worked out. I agree, the LOD10 is fine. You might have even found LOD8 or 9 alright. The editing with Excel was a good idea.It's kind of you to acknowledge us in the credits, although Steve's advice was much more valuable than mine, and you did all the work!Dick ( Richard Ludowise )

Guest Richard Hill

Dick;Different subjuct but!I have downloaded two *.BIL NED files, mine are just ann numerical 1668903.BIL for example for Wheeling, WV 80:0 W 79:0 W 41:0 N 40:0 N.Did you rename the BIL file?Once I make the .INI what program do I use.Richard;

Hi Richard.The INF file is for resample, it should look something like this:{Source}Type = ElevS16LSBSourceDir = "."SourceFile = "1668903.BIL"NullCellValue = -32767Lat = 40.99986111207111Lon = -79.99986111271100 NumOfCellsPerLine = 3600NumOfLines = 3600CellXDimensionDeg = 0.00027777777780CellYDimensionDeg = 0.00027777777780{Destination}LOD = 9DestDir = "."DestBaseFileName = "WVMesh_N41_W80"UseSourceDimensions = 1( Replace the curly brackets with square brackets, and name the file as WVMesh_N41_W80.inf ).There should be a BLW file with the download for each mesh. That will give you the actual numbers for Lat, Long, and the cell dimensions.You can then run resample from a batchfile:resample WVMesh_N41_W80.inftmfcompress WVMesh_N41_W80.tmf WVMesh_N41_W80C.tmftmf2bgl WVMesh_N41_W80C.tmf WVMesh_N41_W80.bglName this TXT file as WVMesh_N41_W80.batInto one folder, place the following:WVMesh_N41_W80.batWVMesh_N41_W80.infresample.exetmfcompress.exetmf2bgl.exeThen double-click the BAT file to make the mesh. It will make the BGL in that folder, on the Windows Desktop. ( I use the OLD resample from the FS2000 terrain SDK ). If you use the new resample, then use this BAT file:resample WVMesh_N41_W80.infI think the new resample would allow something like this:resample WVMesh_N41_W80.inf WVMesh_N41_W79.inf WVMesh_N40_W80.inf WVMesh_N40_W79.infMaybe Steve Greenwood could add something to this I may have overlooked. I use the naming convention just to easily ID the files.Dick

Guest sgreenwood

You can make batch processing a little simpler by using a parameter (%1) for the filename. (This can probably be enhanced to handle multiple .inf files if desired)Place the code between the dashed lines below (for the SDK version you prefer) in a batch file called prepbgl.batThen run it from the DOS prompt (filename only, no extension)>prepbgl WVMesh_N41_W80The batch processor will replace all occurrences of %1 with WVMesh_N41_W80This way you don't have to keep rewriting the batch file.Batch code for the FS2000 SDK----------------------------------------:prepBGL.batclsmd %1resample %1.inftmfcompress %1.tmf %1.comptmf2bgl %1.comp %1.bgl----------------------------------------Batch code for the FS2002 SDK----------------------------------------:prepBGL.batclsmd %1resample %1.inf----------------------------------------Explanation of optional lines which can be left out==================================================:prepbgl.bat - just a comment that identifies the filecls - clears the DOS screen before processing beginsMD %1 - creates a sub-directory using your filename. Convenient for storing the related .dem .inf .bgl ... files together when doneCheers, Steve

Guest AMC612

Hi Sergio,I would like to speak to you in private via email as regards LICD. I have designed and created a photorealistic scenery for the airport and I have online a beta version. Soon the full version will be available. I have tried to contact you via email but I have some problems to guess your email but 1 out of 6 different emails did'nt come back. I would appriciate if you contect me or reply to my message on this forum.Best RegardsMauro Caruana