Sign in to follow this  
Guest fame

Terrain mesh tool what program ues make ??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi royo:Take a look at the two following programs:TerraBuilder is a Win95/98/NT 32-bit application intended to aid in the design and production of elevated mesh terrain scenery for: Microsoft Flight Simulator 98

Hello Tom,There is a common misconception concerning TerraBuilder - it CANNOT be used to create altitude mesh any longer. This option was discontinued after Flight Simulator 2000. TerraBuiler ONLY makes custom terrain (photo-real ground textures).Martin Wright offers a very nice set of programs - FSTerrain - for creating altitude mesh (available on his web site) and FS Resample Tools by Elrond Elvish (available in the AvSim library) can also be used to make this kind of scenery.Also, SRTM to BGL by Matthew Styles, available in the AvSim library.And many others - seek and ye shall find.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis:"And many others - seek and ye shall find". That's precisely what I was doing... responding to someone who was requesting assistance. And since no one else had responded, I thought that I would point out a couple of options.Thanks for pointing out my faux pas regarding "TerraBuilder", I stand corrected.Hopefully, between our shared recommendations, Royo will be well armed indeed.Tom G, Sr.