Sign in to follow this  
Guest taalspin

Can't get resample to work properly

nOOb here. I've got some SRTM 90m .hst from the web and trying to follow the instructions from the SDK to create a mesh.I open the .hst using Microdem, I get this.http://www.itsnotpersonal.com/fly/images/terrain.jpgI then use Microdem and save this as a 16-bit BSQ. I then run this BSQ into resample.exe, and I view the .bgl with TMFViewer, I get this.http://www.itsnotpersonal.com/fly/images/terrain2.jpgAnyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong? TIA :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,>I've got some SRTM 90m .hst from the web".hst"? Where did you get it from?Don't you mean ".hgt"?Emerson

OK.Unfortunately, I can't help you on MicroDEM because I don't use it.By the way :-roll, try my program FSDEM, available on AVSIM library. It's easy to use, it reads SRTM HGTs and writes the INF file (and calls Resample) for you.Regards,Emerson

>OK.>>Unfortunately, I can't help you on MicroDEM because I don't>use it.>>By the way :-roll, try my program FSDEM, available on>AVSIM library. It's easy to use, it reads SRTM HGTs and writes>the INF file (and calls Resample) for you.>>Regards,>Emerson By the way, thanks for the lead. I'm getting much better results now, but the end .bgl appears to be 'squashed'. I'll spend some time looking into whether the raw data is 'correct' or not... :)

FSDEM? - It's fantastic! I've managed to resample (LOD9) the whole world with it and the scenery is beautiful. I could share it free if I knew a server willing to accept 12GB of data. :)As for your problem, I can advise you to avoid and interpolate any voids unless you want the default fs mesh be still visible. ;)ewg

Perhaps that explains why I can't get FSDEM to work. The area I am using is located in Puget Sound where the various inlets/channels are seen as voids. I downloaded the 1 arc hgt zip, so it seems like it should show more detail than the FS default. Also, I am using this on FS2k2