Sign in to follow this  
Guest tiking

Mesh- care to explain?

Hi all. New to this sim game and awaiting my computer setup. I've just bought FS2004 and can't wait to gt started. During this long waiting period I'm checking out all the forums and trying to learn and gather as much info as possible to ease me into simulation world. Now, I've been hearing alot about this Mesh word and always wante dto know what it entails. I'm thinking it as something to do with forming landscape and what not. Am I right to assume this. Does it envolve designing, forming and painting your landscape to suit the type of area you want to fly?I'm curious if it is anything that I need or a must to improve my scenery? I'm not into any sort of re-designing or going into depth of learning anything that will take weeks or months ust to get one particular area to look real.I would rather buy an already made realistic scenery which is easy to install as 1,2,3...Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Howdy,welcome to FS2004!Add-on mesh is simply the shape of the surface of the FS world whereas the textures and autogen objects on top are referred to as "landclass" or "landclass textures". Also, additional polygons (rivers, lakes, oceans, parks) and vectors (streams, roads, shorelines, utility corridors, and railroads) are placed on top of those textures and are called either landscape enhancements or LWM/VTP scenery.All these are available as ready-made add-ons, freeware or payware, and don't require any design work on the part of the user. Payware usually comes with auto-installers whereas most freeware requires manual installation, that is moving folders and files and adding entries to the FS Scenery Library:More information about mesh is available here: http://portal.fsgenesis.net/index.php?modu...y&ceid=3&meid=3and here: http://www.fs-traveler.com/welcome.shtmlIf you do become interested in creating your own add-ons, the Avsim Scenery Design forum has a sticky thread with a detailed overview of the utilities and data available for various aspects of scenery/mesh design.Hope that helps.Cheers, Holger

Thank you kindly. I did check out the FSgensis link before and was pretty impress. One thing though. I saw the FS Gobal 2005 and the shots were truel amazing. Wouldn't it be the same to just purchase the it and install it? This I'm assuming has the complete package already generated into one, am I correct in saying this?