Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Help needed from mesh designer!

I'm not a designer but wish I were ... I've had a very negative experience with mesh terrain and would like to undo the damage. Main problems: crash-to-desktop when near a point on boundary with other mesh terrain; and, a whole chunk of a country flattened to sea level with only the airports, lakes, and rivers at the proper elevation. The various mesh files are by the same designer whom I've contacted with screenshots of the bizarre terrain and the exact coordinates of the flattened sector but have received no response.As for the improperly flattened terrain, after ridding my scenery library and hard drive of the mesh, I tried copying the .bgl files for the area from another installation of FS9 on my slave drive, but to no avail.Are there files (excl,flatten,etc.) other than .bgl files installed somewhere when mesh terrain is added to the library? If so, how do I correct them.Is there a way to restore the default terrain?The mesh terrain added much to the scenery and the improvements were worthwhile. Any help or suggestion will be gratefully appreciated and, perhaps, may encourage me to try again, but not by this particular designer.Many thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,all of the default mesh files are in FS9sceneryworldscenery and are dated 5/21/2003. You can download a complete list here: http://www.fs-traveler.com/resources-g.shtml and Justin has useful graphical overviews here: http://portal.fsgenesis.net/index.php?modu...y&ceid=6&meid=4If you need to restore those files you can find them on FS9 disk 4.Actually, ther is one exception, dem4km.bgl (a worldwide low-res base mesh), in FS9SceneryBasescenery, but if that gets deleted your FS9 won't start at all.If you're not sure where the faulty mesh files ended up it's best to look at the original download package/installer of that author to find file names and/or location.Hope that helps.Cheers, Holger