Sign in to follow this  
Guest skipt1

Resample output? and seamless.usgs.gov

Guest skipt1

First, is anyone else having trouble downloading from the seamless server? For the past couple days I've been getting an error page with no error details, no matter what options I've used.Also, after many trials with resample I was only getting a few numbers output on the screen and no BGL. I assume my file format was wrong. I was finally able to get a BGL output of 480K from a 10MB BIL file. That seems like quite a jump in data amounts. Is this normal? I loaded the BGL up in tmfviewer and, although I only get a green square on the screen, it appears that its in the right location and the mousover values also appear correct. Thanks for any help.Skip Talbot

Hi Skip,the USGS seamless server site is known to be not very reliable; you just have to keep trying at different times of the day.Can you attach your inf file here? It's usually easier to do a "diagnosis" seeing the parameters you used.Also, make sure that your mesh file covers at least one full LOD cell at the LOD level you're using. I assume you've seen Steve Greenwood's great tips? http://www.fs-traveler.com/tips-d.shtmlCheers, Holger

Guest skipt1

I'm going to go ahead and answer my own questions in case someone else comes across the same problems. The USGS server is back online. Looks like it was just a temporary outage. I also noticed that the size of the zipped BIL is very similar to the BGLs that resample produces so I assume that the flight simulator format is compressing the data.Skip