Sign in to follow this  
stevekasian

Error On Execution Of READ_DEM.EXE

Houston - we have a problem...When running the executable "read_dem.exe from a command prompt, I get the following error message:16 bit MS-DOS SubsystemX#=0D, CS=01A7IP=0000BF82. The NTVDM CPU has encountered and illegal instruction. Choose

Thanks for the info.Unfortunately, MicroDEM isn't exporting the file correctly - or even importing the data correctly for that matter. Tried all sorts of different file formats and it just won't give be anything other than a solid black workspace. Not my favorite app in the world.I ended up having to track down & discover a new software app that would take care of the whole shabang... which, happily, I was able to! It will allow one to import almost any type of topographical terrain file commonly used, and will export it into several different types of files - one of those types being FSMS format. Heehee - yep, you got it - there's actually an app out there that does this!! :-) :-)It's called VTBuilder, and you can get more information about it at the following website:http://vterrain.org/It's opensource and free, BTW. :-) It needs a little bit of work on the MSFS export side of things, but it gets one close enough to the final .inf and raw file stage that one is able to manually adjust things themselves and come up with a proper .bgl result. Very cool, indeed.Enjoy...SKp.s. 'Would still much appreciate any info anybody might have on my problem with READ_DEM.EXE, as I may need to use it sometime. Thanks.