Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Jettrails

Hi All,Reinstalled FS2002 after some errors.But now my jettrails from FSclouds are hanging about 500ft above the ground??????In the past I never had this problem.Anyone know this problem????Regards and thanks on advance...Geert BurgstraThe Netherlands

Guest WorkingStiff

Is FS Clouds compatible with FS 2002?

Guest CapnCol

I have always assumed that it is not compatable. Perhaps that is the problem?Colin

Geert,To my knowledge the FSClouds package isn't compatible with FS2002.As far as contrails go, FS2002 should be generating its own jet contrails. If you're looking for replacement cloud sets I'd highly recommend the FREEWARE! cloud sets produced by the Flight Sim Works group (FSW). They also have an excellent freeware utility called FS Sky World that will randomly select cloud sets for you at a time interval you specify. Nice thing about using FS Sky World is that you will get some nice cloud variations as you fly along. It works flawlessly with FSMeteo and they do not impact the frame rates.I used, and still have, the FSClouds package for FS2000 and I can honestly say the freeware clouds produced by FSW are head and shoulders above any flight sim cloud sets I've ever seen. Rush over to FSW and get em' all! http://fsw.simflight.com/Mike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Hi Mike,and other who answerd me,Yes I know the excelent program Sky World and allready using it,its GREAT.But I used it before together with FSclouds and FS2002 and did not notest any problem.But any way will now use contrails of FS2002,heheheheh.........Maybe I did this too before this happend and I never notest it???Thanks to all who reply,,Geert

Hi Geert,The Jet trails in FSClouds is the worst part about the program. I mean XXXXXXXXXXXXX all over the sky...the FS2002 jet trails are much better and made by AI aircraft. Ok, more trails would be better, maybe in FS2004 they will be. I think with one of those AI programs you can set more AI aricraft at above 31000 feet, that way more jet trails. Please do not get me wrong. FSCloulds was a good program for FS2000 untill Chris Willis came out with all his very great cloud textures for FS2000. The nice part is he contuined with even better clouds textures for FS2002 as most of us know.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png