Sign in to follow this  

AI Aircraft doing STRANGE things ???

Guest 727Fan

Then I guess we all need a tutorial on how to remedy this. Seems to me all aircraft used as AI are either OK, or flawed. And I'm assuming the culprit is the airfile, or the .cfg file.Using defaults to replace the faulty ones doesn't always work. I know I haven't had any luck. And I'm not skilled at knowing all the steps necessary to do the swap anyway.Can somebody with some experience along these lines teach me (us) how to do this?Thanks, Rick

It is the aircraft. Try using the F15 air file with the 117. Or maybe the Lear.Warren

Guest H_Kev55

Here's a twist on the same subject. While taxing for take off at an airport that where I imported an AFCAD text file too, I asked for progressive taxi to get me to the runway.As I was taxing, an AI aircraft got taxi clearance for the same runway. Although the AI aircraft came from a different ramp, when it crossed over my progressive taxi lines, it changed direction and started following those. LOL The funny thing is, the AI went out of its way to intersect the progressive taxi lines.Just something to make you go..hhhhhhhhmmmm..Kev

Hi,Reading Microsft SDK docs, you can learn some subtle tips they inserted in the AI work. The simple fact you can now land and take off using different runways WITHOUT ANY MS PATCH, shows that there are lots of secrets inside AI Traffic. Here is what they say:1) Aircraft should be flying most of time, staying on ground for a least possible time. It means airports have few parking gates. When the airport is full, aircraft WILL DISAPPEAR. There is an algorithm in the SDK program that distributes flight plans according to the airports capacity, i.e., it calculates the times for aircraft departure/arrivals intervals (2/4/8/12/24hs) in order to keep them flying most of the time.2) There is a 45 min tolerance for a flight to arrive on its destination. After this time, it will disappear. So, after some go-arounds, time is over, pal, good-bye!3) Now we have AFCAD and so we create more room in our airports. Then, if you create REAL schedules with 24hs intervals, the airports will be crowded, frame-rates will fall down below 5, and it is possible to strange things begin happen. I have a reasonable fast machine, but I just cannot land on a crowded LAX due to the irritating low frame-rates caused by a clogged AI Traffic.4) Third-party flyable aircraft cannot fly well AI plans and patterns. MS recommends the exclusive use of default aircraft. Ok, you want some Airbuses around and you think they fly well. No, they don