Sign in to follow this  

aircraft types

It appears that aircraft are classified into types: Huge jet, micro prop etc etc.Where is this classification set for each aircraft and what can I use to edit it? I can't find any reference to it.I have a number of aircraft that obviously are not classified, as they come up as "Unknown" type when trying to schedule AI Traffic.Another dumb question, but I'd appreciate some help.Thanks

Where do they come up listed as "Unknown"? What program?We believe that the information is stored in the MDL file, but we don't know where it is or how to edit it (yet...).I believe that FS2000 aircraft imported into FS2002 get a "generic" ident, based on one of the templates in the Templates folder. (?) For example, all of my propliners have a "size" radius of 52.5 ft, no matter their length or wingspan.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>It appears that aircraft are classified into types: Huge >jet, micro prop etc etc. >>Where is this classification set for each aircraft and what >can I use to edit it? I can't find any reference to it. >>I have a number of aircraft that obviously are not >classified, as they come up as "Unknown" type when trying to >schedule AI Traffic. >>Another dumb question, but I'd appreciate some help. You need to edit the atc_ entries in the aircraft.cfg file to specify:atc_id=N700MSatc_airline=Lufthsansaatc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=747-400ui_variation=Lufthsansa AirlinesIn the example above, the atc_ entries define *what* ATC will use to identify the aircraft...The ui_ entries define *how* the aircraft will appear on the pick list...You may use Notepad, Wordpad or FSEdit to modify the entries easily. I personally use Notepad because it's faster that way! :)

>>atc_id=N700MS >atc_airline=Lufthsansa >atc_flight_number=1123 >atc_heavy=1 >>ui_manufacturer=Boeing >ui_type=747-400 >ui_variation=Lufthsansa Airlines >>In the example above, the atc_ entries define *what* ATC >will use to identify the aircraft... >>The ui_ entries define *how* the aircraft will appear on the >pick list... >>You may use Notepad, Wordpad or FSEdit to modify the entries >easily. I personally use Notepad because it's faster that >way! :) You are talking about 2 different things here. The "atc" entries do not affect how FS assigns a type when using the plane as UI. They only affect the way ATC identifies the aircraft. Apparently, we should be able to describe a plane as being "military" or "cargo" and it will go to the appropriate gate/parking. It is believed that this is done in the .mdl file, but we haven't figured it out exactly.Changing the "atc" lines in aircraft.cfg will not do what the original poster asked.- Martin

>>In the example above, the atc_ entries define *what* ATC >>will use to identify the aircraft... >>>>The ui_ entries define *how* the aircraft will appear on the >>pick list... >>>>You may use Notepad, Wordpad or FSEdit to modify the entries >>easily. I personally use Notepad because it's faster that >>way! :) >>>You are talking about 2 different things here. The "atc" >entries do not affect how FS assigns a type when using the >plane as UI. They only affect the way ATC identifies the >aircraft. Apparently, we should be able to describe a plane >as being "military" or "cargo" and it will go to the >appropriate gate/parking. It is believed that this is done >in the .mdl file, but we haven't figured it out exactly. >>Changing the "atc" lines in aircraft.cfg will not do what >the original poster asked. In that case, the "ORIGINAL poster" is confusing two things, as what you are describing would NOT cause the aircraft to show up as "unknown," now, would it?Tom answered another question entirely, so apparently we are all "confused"... :)