Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

Trying to use two airlines timetables at once

Hello,I have been using Dean Chamblee's Alaska Air timetable (It's awsome) but I also want to add Horizon Air's timetable. When I tried to add the Horizon Air with the Alaska Air timetable already compiled and successfully used in FS, it would crash TTools1.2 when it got to around 6500 flightplans.I backed up the origional .bgl and replaced that to get rid of the Alaska timetable. I then installed the Horizon timetable and it worked! But when I tried to put the Alaska one back in TTools crashed on the same flight plan number. Is it possible to have these two flight plans together?Thanks for the help,Chris

Guest jkramer51

It should show you what flight has a problem. It might be missing a , or doesn't reconize the airport. I have over 30000 flight plans including Alaska & Horizon. Once in awhile I'll get some error, which I can either fix the problem or delete the flight that's causing the error then recompile. That usually works. Be careful though how many flights you have & the number of gates. My frame rate really dropped flying into KSEA. I have the added gates & all these AK, QX, WN, DL, AL flights along with what came with MS & the airport had a lot of traffic. Did get to land first time in. No go arround. That's a shock.John

It compiles the following:Airports : 1862Aircraft: 46Flightplans: 5615Right when it gets to 5615 it crashes. Is there something I should looks for in the flightplans.txt?Chris

"it crashes"what is the crash message?

I don't know if it exactly crashes but it does thisChris

Looks like ya should give lee a shout :)-j

Guest NetBoyz

I think you said that you'd used the two plans individually, right? Have you made sure that there is not an aircraft number conflict between the two plans when you merge them? When you merged the plans you would have had to make the aircraft.txt file call out the aircraft from both plans, and you should make sure there aren't duplicated names (ie, AC# specified twice) when you do that. Also, you have to have the aircraft numbers match the flightplans as they did before the merge (ie, if you renumber an aircraft in aircraft.txt to avoid a conflict, you have to also change all instances it is bound to a flightplan in flightplans.txt). Don't know if a naming conflict would cause the behavior you observe but might be a place to start looking... db

Ok now I tried putting the flightplan in the middle of default flight plans. It didn't stop this time but it didn't say it completed the work. It just dissapeared from the task bar and the task manager.I started FS and it created new scenery indices. But the Alaska aircraft didn't show up. I'm going back in for more tinkering :-)

Ok I have tried everything! Except for the right thing to fix the problem at hand :-newbie :-zhelp ;-)Well I guess I have to find someother flightplans to have fun with.Chris

Does it still crash if you try it with an aviation related windoze wallpaper installed? (*ducking-and-running-grin*)

A big bump :-)I just used Dean's Aloha flight plans and they work great Very wierd.(except they are magicians and disapear themselves)! I will try the Horizon flight plans tomorrow when I am a wake :-)Chris