Sign in to follow this  

AI Traffic problem. default B747 not arriving

Hi,I'm making a newe AI traffic file for EHAM. Everything works fine for the European routes. But I just added 3 Northwest flights and there it goes wrong. There are enough parking spaces.NW 067 from VABB arrives 10 minutes late causing problems with KLM Exel.NW 062 from KJFK just pops up at the gate at the time it should landNW 068 From KDTW doesn't arrive at all.I already tried to revers the legs but it has the same problem. Anyone knows how to fix this. I use default B747 with added livery for northwest. Already tried to put a slower speed in the aircraft.cfg (430 kt in stead of 491) with no effect.AC#130,N661US,10%,24Hr,IFR,08:24:51,17:16:14,310,F,0068,VABB,20:08:51,05:00:15,320,F,0067,EHAMAC#130,N662US,10%,24Hr,IFR,08:49:59,17:00:57,320,F,0067,KDTW,21:09:51,05:20:49,310,F,0068,EHAMAC#130,N663US,10%,24Hr,IFR,08:15:00,15:50:06,320,F,0061,KJFK,21:36:55,05:12:01,310,F,0062,EHAM

I've also had a problem with the default 747. My problem is getting it land. It will float 200 feet down the runway and then either call a missed landing or plunge at a steep angle causing it to disappear (probably exceeding the crash limits,so ATC zaps it). I've tried tinkering with the air files and config with no luck. Also posted a message on the Aircraft forum here with no replies. I'm going to try using the 737 and 777 air files and see what happens. Fitz

No problem with landing here. Only the intercontinental flights. I have a Posky 767. When returning from Corfu is arrives. Whjen returning from Toronto it doesn't arrive

It seems to be only with flights from the U.S. to Europe. Flights from Asia do arrive normal. Flights from the U.S. never appear

Guest RONVKING

Hi,re the flight on gate rather than arriving. I don't know what time you have your sim starting at but its worth bearing in mind that AI traffic seems to run in groups of 15 mins at start up so it may be that its worked out the flight would have got there and therefore put it on the gate.What I do to test flights is to take all the flights off the flightplans.txt, AFTER BACKING IT UP, except the ones to be tested, then if they don't appear etc I know its a problem I need to sort out.Rgds Ron

Guest HeavyFan

I ahve'nt really tested U.S.-U.K area flight plans with the default 747's, but form waht I have learned from some nice pepole here, I had the same problem never seeing the planes arrive on the time it said, but now I can see all the ones I make now with any aircraft, Just make sure you are at least at the airport where the plane will arrive at at least 15-20MIN before the arrival time!! Anything before the arrival time makes the AI planes kinda funny since once the sim is started and AI Traffic loaded, sometimes the plane is climbing to it's cruzing altitude, before it starts it's decent and thats why it misses the airport, or does not arrive!! I have seen this many times as i am redoing my AI Plans with the Realworld AI Flight plans, And there are some planes with like a 20min hop to another airport and it over flies the arrival airport because it had a cruzing altitude of 39,000ft! So i had to make it to like 16,000FT and it landed without problems after that! So just remember be at the arrival airport that you are waiting for the 747 to land at at 15-20MIn Prior to the arrival time and it should land just fine!! At least all my U.S Flights land when doing this procedure, with default and POSKY 767's, and A-330s! MIKE-:)

Problem is it's not there when I start up. It just pops up at the screen at the time it is programmed to land. Even when I am looking 25 minutes.

I was waiting over 25 mins and it didn't work :-(

Guest HeavyFan

Hmmmm very strange if it just pops up on the ground?? Are you sure there is a heavy gate available for when the plane arrives?? if not i will try and put the plans you made above and see if it works on my system! I will let you know in a couple hours if it works or I have the same problem as you with it not landing! MIKE.

Guest HeavyFan

OK, well I tried your plan and it really did not work too good either! I saw the plane parked at the gate at EHAM but thats it! so I had to change some things in your plan to make it work! this Is what i did...here is your orgianl plan for FLT#61,>>AC#130,N663US,10%,24Hr,IFR,08:15:00,15:50:06,320,F,0061,KJFK,21:36:55,05:12:01,310,F,0062,EHAM here is what i did to get the arrival times,AC#37,N663US,10%,24Hr,IFR,08:15:00,14:55:26,320,F,0061,EHAM,21:36:55,04:17:21,310,F,0062,KJFKI had to use TT TOols to get the arrival times for the flight like this.>AC#37,N663US,10%,24Hr,IFR,08:15:00,00:00:00,320,F,0061,EHAM,21:36:55,00:00:00,310,F,0062,KJFKI just put OO:00:00 where the arrival times would be, and then Compiled it first in TT Tools, then Decompile to get the Estimated arrival times, then Reconpile it for FS2002 to read upon startup!Now seems your orginal plans had the arrival times like 1HR more than what FS2002 figures, so maybe thats why you could not see the plane coming in as it came in 1HR earlier! And you only saw it on the ground! Now with the plans I made from your orgianls I see the plane come in to finals but never did land it just overshot the Airport and flew like it was lost and never said a word to ATC, so I guess it will just kkep flying! I dunno maybe an FS2002 bug so i don't know what to tell you!! But if you want the corret arrival times just put the zero's in the arrival times space like i did and Decompile the plan to get the assumed arrival times and adjust from there! I hope i helped you in some way or maybe somone else can help you out on this! MIKE-:)

I did calculate the time the same as you. So it's more strange that we have one hour difference.But thanks anyway

This whole issue has come up before with regard to the default 747 as an AI aircraft. It has nothing to do with the flight plan or where the aircraft is flying from. The solution to this, for AI aircraft only, is to use the the B777 .air and .cfg files with the landing gear contact points adjusted. This will fix the problem of missed approaches and the ensuing disappearing act. Hopefully, within a year or so , Project AI will release a new AI 747 that will behave itself.