Sign in to follow this  

Requiem Aeternam: John Stottlemire

I'm sure that many people here remember John Stottlemire, the developer of Add-A-Gate. I received the following note via ICQ this morning, and wished to pass on the news:"this small note goes out to everyone John was communicating with onICQ:My name is Scott, and I am the brother of John. We hate to inform those of you whom he communicated with over the internet that he died last week of a massive heart attack."As was the case with Gerry May (aka: "Celtic") a few months ago, theentire flightsim community is now somewhat diminished; Gerry for hisrapid wit, and John for his genial helpfullness, as well as hisinnovative and groundbreaking work towards unraveling the mysteries of airport AI traffic movement and taxispeed.It is my fervent hope that the unpleasantness a month ago was not a significant contributory factor in John's untimely demise. John was only 37 years old.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is very sad news indeed. "Virtually John" will be missed - it is even sadder to hear that he was only 37 years old. My condolences go out to John's family and friends!!!!!! RIP!!

Very sad that John left. Rest in Peace John Minos

May I add my condolences from the UK.'John, have a safe flight in the hands of others'Peter Leadbeater,Warrington, UK.

Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)