Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

In Defense of Project AI ???

Let me start by saying I don't really think Project AI needs a defense, but I do feel they need to be better understood. I see a LOT of posts both here and at their site that shows that most people know there is probably something very important happening there but yet are not sure exactly what it is and are very frustrated with it.First, keep in mind that their site is brand new--only a couple weeks old. There is still LOTS of stuff yet to be done. Please have a little patience. They are making huge improvements every day!What they are trying to accomplish is no less than phenominal!!Once it is all working right, you should be able to automatically install with minimal effort on your own part an almost totally new AI Aircraft system covering nearly all the airlines in the world complete with very frame-rate-friendly aircraft flying real world schedules.But that is an unbelievably complex task and there are plenty of roadblocks that remain in the way. It will take time for it all to come together. Don't expect it overnight.They have already done a good bit of beta testing of the system which has already resulted in some tremendous improvements. In spite of that testing, they also put out a first public release that was also filled with a HUGE number of problems.As a result of listening to feedback, they have again made some huge improvements. Although they have not actually called it that, they have in the past week re-released their first release and again--many more improvements.But all of this is further complicated by the fact that it is not just one or two people that are making this happen. It is a big team of people that are pulling together to make it work. And THAT is no easy task either!One of the major problems they are having is clearly showing exactly where they are in the process and what is already available. About the only way you can find that out for now is to read their forum messages.You will find a LOT of crap on the forums from people who really don't yet understand what is going on. But you will also find out a huge amount concrete info about the positive things that are happening!They have already sucessfully overcome some MAJOR roadblocks and are making real progress towards achieving their goals. I really believe they have a really good chance of actually pulling this off!So I suggest we all just have a little patience and keep watching closely what they are doing. From what I have seen so far, I really believe we will ALL be extremely pleased with the results!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bill,I agree with your points. I spend last night searching and downloading from the two main sites flight plans for Southeast USA, even yours :-lol. After reviewing them, I decided to wait on Project AI for additional flights.I do hope someone or Project AI does a lot more work on Small Commuters, however. That seems to be what is missing.If users find problems and do a little investigation to solve the problem then post to ProjectAI, it serves the Flight Sim community.