Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

ATL 4 runways

Guest tcable

I'm in the process of beginning to do ATL for 4 runways (I know it's been done already, but I'm doing Simflyers) fro a few minutes, I even had 3 runways for departures! (anotehr overlay)I have a very preliminary version working- DAL all going to the SOuth side, everyone else to the North. Is tehr an easy way to mix up the departures for DAL- in the end, I'll have DAL North and South, Airtran Noth and South, and everyone else (on the 8-26 combo).Is tehre an easy way to make half of teh DAL MD80's go Norht side, and half go Southside? SInce is is not practical to truly emulate reality- the plane takingoff/landing based on where it is coming from or going to, I'll live with this comprimise.Another thing I'll need to do- It'll be basic. North gates, to the NOrht, South Gates to teh South, with different Tower and Ground frequrncies (just too much traffic!)Or has somebody already done this and I'm just unaware?Tim

Hi Tim,Already done that. Check here:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...=Root&Go=SearchThe way it is generally setup at the real world, since KATL is the primary home base and biggest hub for Delta, almost all of their domestic flights are at Concourses A and B, Air Tran gets most of C and the rest of the airlines divide up Concourse D. International flights for all airlines go the newest Concourse E. Delta accounts for about 50% of the flights at KATL.There are LOTS of exceptions to that general rule but for the most part that is the way it is. My AFCAD files--a total of 8 overlays--allow that type of breakdown pretty easily.It also sends all the north ends of the concourse to the north runways and vice versa which reduces and almost eliminates problems with aircraft meeting each other going in oppsite directions.The ReadMe file that comes with it will give you all the details about how to set it up. If you still want to "do it your way", please feel free to use mine AFCAD files as a starting point if you like or to review and incorporate however you wish into your own work.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Guest tcable

I just looked over your file and it is close to what I want. Right now I have DAL figured out excpet for the percentages- I'll use the swapper for that :) I'll probably to Overlays based on Airline- DAL N&S, Airtran N&S and the others, probably broken out for the correct gates :) the ATL website is nice for that info. Right now I do not have ASA configured, so the commuter gates will be a bit sparse...Tim

Nice to see more overlays for the airports. I guess my biggest questions and this is one reason why I have stayed away from making overlays for the SimFlyers airports. Do you have to manually go in and edit the flight plans.Like Atlanta will you need to go in and change the DL FP's to say ATL1 to go to the Atlanta gates, assign Air Tran to ATL2, and all of the others to ATL.ThanksJohn

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest tcable

That is essentailly it- I currently have (in progress) Katl- DAL North, ATL1- DAL South/Int'l ATL2- Airtran, ATL3- everybody else :)I'll be adding more since I have most of the gate assignments for the airport except for shared use gates which appears to be most of Terminal E (International), but don't quote me there. I'm not planning on adding ASA and their operation in ATL since it is busy now, let alone with the connection carriers.So far I have the remaining assignments as follows-US D21,23,25UA T13-15NW D13-15AA T9-12CO D6,9,10,12All of this is based on today's info from www.atlanta-airport.comI've done overlays for PVD- a much smaller airport, but a good start now everybody parks more or less correctly. I've done BOS as well. I just need some good NWA Plans/AC and COA as well. MCO was easy to do- I essentially made Airtran an overlay, SWA an overlay, DAL and DLX (separate) but I c=included Virgin and BA with DAL as tehy use Airside 3 for their flights. Everyone else is currently (incorrectly fending for teh West side of the field. I need to break out CO, UA, US and AA as overlays to at least get the assignments correct.The only problem I have had with overalys is frequency congestion- ATL has 2 ground and tower freqs in real life, and I have not gotten into making those changes for my overlays yet. ebverywhere else, this has not been an issue. I'm using PAI aircraft and WorldAI plans for Delta.It is amazing to me at how easy many airports make it to get near real time info on flights. I'm between Boston and Providence, and MAssport (port and aiport authority) stinks IMHO.I'm also still looking for a site on KPITTim