Sign in to follow this  

WILCO Airport Vol.3 questions.

I bought it. Looks good, but not perfect.I have 2 questions.1. is there good AFCAD file for LFPO?2. How to remove static and dynamic aircrafts?Thank you in advance for your help.

Don't know of one for Wilco, but try file "lfpo2.zip" on Avsim or FlightSim. It's for "Orly2002" and would be a good start.BTW, do you have concrete around the terminal at Orly? I have only grass in FS2k2 with the patch. Was okay in FS2k, and the files are identical.Wilco has never responded.

If you still didn't figure out how to remove the static ac, here's how:In Airport Vol 3 there is no standard file for the static ac, and their names vary from airport to airport.But generally you should look for the largest files, and try to move them to a different folder and go check your results.

Actually, the filenames are somewhat standard. KSEA and one of te other US airports, I think KSFO, have files that are called something like KSEA_dyn_zip and KSEA_stat.bgl, which are the dynamic and static aircraft respectively. All the other airports have files that are something like LFPO_3.bgl and LFPO_5.bgl, where the 3 is the static and 5 the dynamic aircraft (you may recall that way back in the old days od FS5 and FS98 files like KORD5.bgl contained the dynamic aircraft for KORD). Just make sure not to confuse the files for necessary scenery files. There may be other files with similar numbers. As a rule of thumb, if there is a series of several numbered bgl files and two bgl files with slightly different names but containing the numbers 3 and 5 respectively those two different ones are the ones you want to remove. In addition, Airport 2000 has some dynamic scenery files in the main scenery folder. They have pretty obvious names and should be removed as well. I recommend deleting the scenery.dat file that goes with each airport scenery. This forces FS to create a new dat file when you next load FS and may prevent missing scenery object errors when you remove bgl files. BTW, I had for a while issues with missing tarmac at LFPO as well and discovered that it was caused by Josiah Haut's mesh scenery for France. I removed and the issue was resolved. Bigger problem is that I have been having bumpy terrain all over LFPO on all the taxiways. I've tried reinstalling the scenery and the patches to no avail. Does anyone know what the solution is?Misha

Oh and I did make an AFCAD file for LFPO actually. I'll upload it when I get home.Misha

Misha, Try visiting Steve Greenwood's Mesh site.. www.fs-traveler.comAnd download his "flatten kit" and see if that works. I can't wait for the AFCAD for LFPOJulian