Sign in to follow this  

ProjectAI / WorldAI-2 and Airports

Guest kyle

Hey everyone. For the last week, I have been adding a bunch of the ProjectAI files (flight plans auto installs) and all went fine. I wanted to have more flights from airlines that were not offered so I downloaded the World AI-2 file and installed as the readme stated. All went fine as far as aircraft are concerned - however, no quite so well with the airports.When I copied and pasted the World AI-2 airports.txt file into the existing one, there were of course duplicates. At first, I just copied over my existing file but when compiling it told me that cetain airports were missing for the Project AI aircraft. So I installed my backup copy of the airports.txt file and copied the World-AI in. So I had duplicates and I knew about them but I thought when compiling it should delete any duplicates - it did not but that was fine.Before all of this, I do believe my Airport Count when compiling stood around 5000. After I copied in the airports file, it was just over 7000. When I went in and took a look at the file after compiling, several airports were duplicated but many of these now had two different sets of coordinates.Fine, no worries. I can live with that.But, I then went into AI Manager - the one where you can build your own flight plans and made a flight. When I imported the FS2002 BGL - no more duplicates! Cool, I was glad - However, when I just did a flight to Halifax in the Airbus - the approach to 24 was way off to the left - I mean way off.And in the end, my total Airport Count now sits at just over 1700.Sorry for the long winded message but I wanted to make sure I explained the process of which I followed. Did I screw up? Is 1700 the correct amount of airports? How many do you have?Did the FLight Planner erase proper airports thus all ILS' will be off now?Thanks!

Guest kyle

Can someone tell me at least how many airports they have when they compile?Thanks.

I have 5090 and no duplicates. What I used was TTools Companion as it sorts out duplicate flights and airports. And it's a breeze replacing the aircraft number to an exisiting flight. I still have yet to implement the worldai2 traffic. I rather wait until PAI has most of the airlines completed although I have downloaded "complete" fleets and have already added them to roster. jd