Sign in to follow this  
Guest sssummer

Cargo planes and AFCAD

Is there a way in AFCAD to force the AI Cargo Carriers (UPS, Fed Ex) to park in the cargo parking areas? Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Depend what kind of plane you use, if you use gmax planes, you can change the wingspan in the .air file with a hex editor.This only describes the wingspan but not be used from the Flightsimulator for the behave.You can make them bigger then every other plane.Then you can adjust the radius for the cargo parking spots.So AI will send them to this places.But if every gate occupied, AI will send the passenger plane also there.Ralf

Please remember that the inability to direct aircraft to the desired terminals / gates / parking areas is a shortcoming of the MSFS code, not AFCAD or Traffic Tools. Gate types (i.e., Cargo, GA, MIL Combat, etc.) don't control usage in any way that anyone has figured out yet. The only discriminant (as noted above) seems to be aircraft radius. Take a look at some of the more elaborate overlays, like KIAD or KATL, which actually have distinct overlays for Cargo and will route aircraft appropriately. I'm working on one for KBOS, but the limitations of the program probably will prevent me from making this really work the way I want it to. FS2004, anyone?

Thank you everyone. I have been working on KONT and finally figured it out thanks to everyone's advice. :)