Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Collection of AFCAD files for US states AVAILABLE

Hello to you all, fellow flightsimmers,I advise you about the availability of my collections of AFCAD files for various US states (and in the future othe countries). For the major airports are available multiple-layer versions.I'm uploading ALL US states on www.flightsim.com, so I hope you'll try.I hope to hear your comments and suggestions.Greeting, Paolo (italian_flyer)

Can't you also upload them here at AVSIM? I can't stand flightsim.com as the login procedure is stupid as you have to pay for downloading freeware by purchasing an account. The refresh trick gets old.

Who told you that?First off I have no affiliation with flightsim.com.I download tons of stuff from them for free. The only problems in comparing them to avsim.com are 1) It is sometimes difficult to log on, as they only allow so many users at one time. It has been said that it helps keep up the speed of the site. 2) Their download speeds at my PC are about 1/3rd that of avsims.Now if you want to buy a subscription to their site, then you will be given prefernce in loggin in.But payment it not a requirement.Please understand what it is that you are commenting about. This is how rumors get started. Warren

Calm down, he knows all that. That's why he said "the refresh trick gets old" - it's hard to get in without a paid subscription. He meant that payment is a requirement for *easy* access.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest josh0571

Hello allI can understand the 'frustration' with Flightsim.comI've been able to access the site TWICE in 6 months of trying. Sure, good site, but what's the point if you keep getting 'sorry, all nodes busy, please try again later'?Maybe being as far away as Australia doesn't help, but I've never had this kind of problem with Avsim.CheersJosh

Sorry Tom & JDataDidn't mean to come off quite that strong.:-mad :-eek :-lolI had never clicked on the item number catagory at the beginning of a files page. Ya know, the one that say (1-10)(11-20)(21-30) and so on.When clicked you will receive a members only message. I've always just clicked on the individual file. But to say that one MUST be a member to download is absolutly false. Ya never know when a newbie might be listening.ChaoWarren

>Sorry Tom & JData >>Didn't mean to come off quite that strong.:-mad :-eek :-lolI >had never clicked on the item number catagory at the >beginning of a files page. Ya know, the one that say >(1-10)(11-20)(21-30) and so on. >When clicked you will receive a members only message. I've >always just clicked on the individual file. But to say that >one MUST be a member to download is absolutly false. Ya >never know when a newbie might be listening. >>Chao >Warren Warren, np. The Free access ability at Flightsim.com is just pure horrid and it's getting worse for past several months. I don't know if there has been massive new purchases of FS 2002 or the backbone they use is going on the fritz. It use to take me just five attempts of trying the "refresh tricks" back in January, now it takes me over 20. If I don't get it in, I just say .. "oh well, waste of time and never again". So I haven't bothered in visiting their site in quite sometime. I don't think the bw is all that great but I don't have the "paid" access so I'll never know. Heck, I don't even read their articles as I prefer to read Avsim's since I have no problems in connecting or downloading.