Sign in to follow this  

Project AI planes

Hi folks,Can anyone tell me whether PAI aircraft are supposed to show up in the 'Airplane selection' screen in FS2002? I've installed quite a few, my skies are empty and out of all of the installed PAI aircraft only a Portuguese A310 appears in the list of 'flyable' planes. I know they're not flyable, I just wondered whether getting them to appear in the menu would indicate that they will appear in the FS world. At the moment, the only AI aircraft I can see in the FS world are the ones I've added myself. I gave up on it a few weeks back, after I swapped all my existing AC for PAI ones using that AI traffic program (y-something ) and all my planes disappeared.Thanks for any help,CheersSimonwww.spacejock.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for that - I figured there might be something wrong with the cfg files but with so many to edit and with a load of start FS, exit FS, start FS and so on I'd given up. Should have asked sooner ;-)CheersSimon

In order to make them available to the user, add a panel folder for the PAI plane. Add the ui_manufacturer and type also so that it appears in the selection menu.

To have them show up you need to change the aircraft type = 2 to aircraft type = 0 in the .air file.The .air files included with the updated FDE files have the aircraft type set to 0 which is why they show up.

>To have them show up you need to change the aircraft type = >2 to aircraft type = 0 in the .air file. >>The .air files included with the updated FDE files have the >aircraft type set to 0 which is why they show up. Ah, is that what it is? I compared existing & PAI cfg files, I ran multiple internet searches but I couldn't find that one piece of info. It wasn't that I necessarily wanted them to appear in the menu, although it's handy to check the textures. I was just wondering whether their not appearing had anything to do with them being missing from the sim.CheersSimon