Sign in to follow this  

Help! All my AI Traffic gone after PAI autoinstalls.

I just downloaded the base + all the misc. airline autoinstallers from project AI and installed them. No errors messages were given. Everything seemed to install smoothly. I have my ATC slider set all the way to 100%. Now when I go to different airports (major ones like jfk, dfw, atl etc.), I do see a few of the project AI aircraft. But no other default aircraft are visible as AI planes. My airports are even more abandoned looking than before. What did I do wrong ? Anyway to correct this ? thanks for any solutions.

Check your fs2002aircraft folder for:default.dpairlines.cfgCheck your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder for:traffic.bglIf any or all are missing, retrieve from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for the files noted above and extract to the folders noted above.

>Check your fs2002aircraft folder for: >default.dp >airlines.cfg >>Check your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder for: >traffic.bgl >>If any or all are missing, retrieve from your fs2002 CDs All these files are present. The first 2 files are about 2k and 1k size. The traffic.bgl file is about 13,500k (13.5 MB)size. My airlines.cfg file contains:------------------------------AirwaveWorld TravelGaiaOrbitSoarLandmarkPacificaGlobal FreightwaysAmerican PacificEmerald Harbor AirSingaporeMy default.dp file contains:----------------------------[sYSTEMS]system.0=%system_name.0%,100,27system.1=%system_name.1%,100,34system.2=%system_name.2%,100,42system.3=%system_name.3%,100,23system.4=%system_name.4%,100,25system.5=%system_name.5%,100,26system.6=%system_name.6%,100,28system.7=%system_name.7%,100,29system.8=%system_name.8%,100,30system.9=%system_name.9%,100,32system.10=%system_name.10%,100,33system.11=%system_name.11%,100,35system.12=%system_name.12%,100,36system.13=%system_name.13%,100,37system.14=%system_name.14%,100,38system.15=%system_name.15%,100,39system.16=%system_name.16%,100,40system.17=%system_name.17%,100,41[MISC_DATA]Category=7[sTRINGS]"system_name.0"=Left Gear"system_name.1"=Right Gear"system_name.2"=Center Gear"system_name.3"=Left Wing"system_name.4"=Left Flap"system_name.5"=Aileron Left Cable"system_name.6"=Left Wing Tip"system_name.7"=Aileron Left"system_name.8"=Right Wing"system_name.9"=Right Flap"system_name.10"=Aileron Right Cable"system_name.11"=Right Wing Tip"system_name.12"=Aileron Right"system_name.13"=Forward Tail Struct"system_name.14"=Rear Tail Struct"system_name.15"=Elevator Left"system_name.16"=Elevator Right"system_name.17"=Rudder

Do you have a list of PAI aircraft in your fs2002aircraft folder, i.e., PAI A300 through PAI MD80. If not, what is your default drive for fs2002? If it is not C: than you may have installed all the PAI stuff to drive C: vice your default drive.Using Windows Explorer, search drive C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002. If you find all the PAI items there under ..aircraft folder and ..sceneryATCScenery folder and nothing else, you need to run each uninstaller and start over.Starting with the Base with GA Option Installer, make sure you change to the correct default drive when you are installing. Just do the base installer, then check with Windows Explorer that the files went to the your correct drive before installing the airlines installer.If you do have the files located in your default fs2002 drive, make sure you have the ATC percentage set above 0% (Set it to 100% if you system can handle it) under Options, ATC, Traffic Percentage.You can download an updated airlines.cfg file with most of the world's airlines listed, search for alcf1.zip.

I found the problem finally. None of the aircraft.cfg files in the PAI directory were correct. They pointed to textures not present or had numbering all wrong etc. I manually corrected them all (took me like 5 hours to do it) and now I have overcrowding at the hubs example: delta (ewr and atl). Thanks for all the replies.