Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

AFCAD Ramp question

I'm working on building realistic gates for a military airfield, with accompanying AI traffic. I started with using the Military Combat and Military Cargo ramp spaces, but none of the AI aircraft use them, instead they use GA medium spaces. I have a variety of military tactical aircraft, such as EA-6, F-14, F-15, etc and C-130 military cargo aircraft, none of which will use the military ramps. I'm guessing this is a aircraft.cfg setting, but haven't been able to identify what needs changed to what.On another note, I have had no luck using the "Jump to" feature in AFCAD 1.3.2, nor will it allow me to label taxiways. Any ideas for them would help.Thanks,

The only thing that controls where the aircraft park is the radius assigned to the aircraft. The lables on the gates have no effect. If you want to get them to go to specific gates you will need to set yourself up using Radius AFCAD system, which has several assignments for various military aircraft. Attached is a screenshot of the R-AFCAD file I've been working on for KORD to give you an idea of what it looks like. Each different color is a different airline. Same thing works for military aircraft, cargo aircraft, etc.UAL is blueish Grey, American, is yellow, etc. Big yellow gates are for American heavies, medium yellow gates are for American domestic jets, small yellow gates are for American regionals, etc.More info on RAFCAD can be found here if you want to give it a try:http://forums.projectai.com/dcboard.cgi?az...orum=DCForumID2Matt