Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobL

Missing AI .....Again

Guest BobL

Hi AllI realize that this post is lengthy but please bear with me as I really need some help and I'm trying to be as precise as I can. I had a post in the General forum several days ago regarding missing AI. I tried to post a link to it but can't figure out how to do that. This is the post:--------------------------BEGIN ORIGINAL POST---------------------I changed the folder and aircraft naming syntax of my FS2002 installation to something that helps me better ID the aircraft based on model, flyability in my installation, FDE and a serial ID. I use the registry number as controlling. Thus, for example one of my default baron repaints that I want to be AI only becomes "Beechcraft58Baron_AI_Microsoft_Small_N660T". This is the folder name as well as the aircraft ID in the "title" line of the aircraft.cfg. The aircraft will load into FS2002 perfectly.I repeat this for each of my aircraft installs including the MS default aircraftUnderstandably, I lost all my AI when I did this. So, I used the Traffic Tools utility, extracted the aircraft listing, changed the naming syntax to match the new title lines, and re-compiled the traffic.bgl.Checking the flightplan.txt file, I then dropped into an airport where my new Baron should originate two minutes before the extracted departure time to check AI functioning. I slewed my aircraft away from the GA parking to make sure my position didn't interfere with the AI. I hung around until five minutes past the origination time. AI never generated. Not just the Baron I'm testing but none of the AI was restored. Things I've already checked:1) AI turned on.2) AI Slider moved full scale right (maximum)3) Default.dp file present in FS2002Aircraft folder4) Candidate models/AIR files/aircraft.cfg loads properly. For example, for my test aircraft, I can fly N660T fine. It (nor any of the other models and types) generate as AI.So, could one of you AI experts tell me what I missed? BTW, in case it matters....the times I referenced to were based on flight sim time not my system time. I.E. I found from the flightplan.txt file that my Baron should originate at Redbird (KRBD) at 11:48. I dropped into Redbird at 11:46 specifying the time in the FS Date/Time Window. My system time was 0220.-----------------------End Original Post------------------Well, I thought I found the solution but after I turned the computer off, and came back the next day I am back to where I was.....no AI.Here is an example of a syntax:From the C182S aircraft.cfg which BTW, will load fine as a flyable aircraft:[fltsim.0]title=AI_Cessna182S_GenAv_Microsoft_Microsoft_N106AAsim=Cessna182Smodel=ms_defaultpanel=sound=texture=n106aaatc_id=N106AAdescription=FS2002 Default C182S for AI PurposesFrom the aircraft.txt used by TT:...AC#22,140,"AI_Cessna182S_GenAv_Microsoft_Microsoft_N106AA"...A flightplan from the flightplan.txt...AC#22,N40224,35%,24Hr,IFR,05:25:44,10:46:21,100,F,2172,KHSV,17:25:33,22:46:11,090,F,2173,KLGAI am reading this that with my sliders to 100%, if I drop in to KHSV at 17:23 I should see Cessna 182S, N106AA getting ready to depart for KLGA.Could I get some additional guidance on what I am doing wrong? I sure would like to have my AI back... Thanks so much for any help.BobL

First of all are you sure you are not getting GMT and local times mixed up?The next possibility is that after you decompiled and recompiled the traffic.bgl you introduced errors in the flight time. Use AITM to check for flight time errors. Any flight that has an error won't work. So if there is 5 legs is a particular flight and one of those legs has an error, none of the 5 legs will work.Matt

Guest BobL

Hi Matt and thanks so much for responding....As for GMT and local, no I'm not getting them mixed up. From my example, I'm dropping into KHSV with 17:23 showing in the UTC window of the Time/Day Dialogue. As for being mixed up, there is a question in my mind whether it is affected by daylight/standard times since FS doesn't compensate for that. I thought tho, that I would be safe by putting the same UTC time in the DATE/TIME Dialogue as was listed in the flightplan. But no traffic to be seen.Errors in the flightplan? But...But...But...I didn't touch anything in the flightplan! I promise... The only time I even opened it was to make the post today!!!So I looked inside with AITM and I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I figured out how to filter for KHSV but I don't know how any errors would manifest themselves. All the times look like normal times, everything from something right after midnight 00:23 to real late 22:XX. I don't see anything that is a negative time for example or that exceeds the 24 hour clock. What else should I look for?Also, although I'm focusing for the moment on the C182S and KHSV these are representative of a global problem. I selected these two thinking that re-populating the entire FS world with AI would not be such a daunting task if I narrowed the problem definition. When I find what is wrong with these two, it should fix the rest of the AI world without further action.I also imported the data into EXCEL (I'm more comfortable with that) and didn't see what looked like anomalies there either. Any more ideas?BobL

Guest BobL

I think I found it.Default.dp was corrupted. I reinstalled that file off the CD and I have AI!!!!Of course, I've been here before. We'll see in the morning.Thanks for your help!!BobL

To check for errors run AITM and to to Tools Menu and select Analyze. There's a couple different things you can analyze for. The Flight Times analysis is probably most important.Matt