Sign in to follow this  
Guest Capholland

GA Traffic Maker 1.1 uploaded

Guest Capholland

It took a little longer than expected, and I had to switch all my files when my website went out, but now I have a nice new one, and it's all ready for the debut of my program. (Hit F5 if you don't see a January 6 entry.)Thanks to all those who offered tips and suggestions. I hope you'll like this new improved version. It has a more user-friendly interface (though still in a DOS window) and generates 24HR, multi-leg plans rather than the original two-leg, weekly ones. It also does its best to automatically detect the airport region, and to generate aircraft registration numbers appropriate to that region. You can wait for it to appear in the major FS file libraries, or download it immediately and directly from my website. Good luck, happy flights, and don't spend too much time tweaking!- Caphollandhttp://caphollands.fsgateway.comhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Thanks, great tool. Works just like advertised.One suggestion if it's possible would be to let us enter a minimum flight distance. Some of the generated flights are very short. If you really want to get fancy there could be a range assigned to each aircraft. So, for example, C182 could only go to airports between 50 and 150 nm but King Air 350 could go to airports between 100 and 400 nm.Also, maybe you could let us enter the average lay over time.Matt Fox

One other thing. Any way to limit the airports to ones that already have a tower, taxiways, etc? Seems like all but the smallest airports have them, at least in US.There is a program called Airport Browser (aptbrw021017.zip) that can provide a list of every airport that has AI Traffic available. Just run the program and open the afdapttt.txt file for the info.Matt