Sign in to follow this  

Please Help Creating Flight

I'm having trouble creating this flight - I'm sure someone would be able to help out. I'm not very experienced at making or creating complex schedules, but have been using AITM for a while to know the basics.Following is the flight that I want schedule with AITM. I don't know which is easier for you to "read" so I'll include it twice, one containing Local time, the other UTC time. In summary it's a flight that flies Kuala Lumpur --> Brisbane --> Auckland --> Brisbane --> Kuala Lumpur.LOCAL TIME:MH137 Departs WMKK at 1940Arrives in YBBN at 0515Departs YBBN at 0630Arrives in NZAA at 1225Departs NZAA 1410Arrives in YBBN 1445Departs YBBN 1600Arrives back in WMKK at 2150UTC TIME:MH137 Departs WMKK at 1140Arrives in YBBN at 1915Departs YBBN at 2030Arrives in NZAA at 2325Departs NZAA 0110Arrives in YBBN 0445Departs YBBN 0600Arrives back in WMKK at 1350It's supposed to fly every day except Wednesday (Day 3) and Friday (Day 5). And the speed set in aircraft.txt ensures arrival times are before the real departing times.What would be the best way to implement this flight? I'm gussing you'll have to use "Week", because 2 days are excluded. Should I create them with each leg made seperatly, or have the whole round robin trip as a single flight? I am pretty positive the error I'm making has something to do with the days. Looking at the local times for example, the first leg leaves on say Day 0. But arrives and departes Brisbane on Day 1. So how do I set this up in AITM? Do I create another one departing on Day 1 and arriving on Day 2, and so on for the rest of the week (except Wed and Fri)?I was hoping someone could walk me though doing this properly. Would it be better to work in UTC or Local? If I use UTC, I never know what the next day is, because it's not a case of 2300 becoming 0000 and hence the next day.I've been trying to get it to work with no success. Any help would be appreciated because as always if you try to make something work for too long, you just end up getting very very confused :() How would one create this flight in AITM given the times listed?Thanks in advance,Subs

Guest groundpounder75

To help you a little, you need to use Zulu time for all you flight plans. This is where things can be a little tricky becuase when you have flights going across multiple time zones you have to keep track of when the flight will be arriving at the destination airport. For example, take a normally scheduled flight, Qantas 26 for example, that goes from KLAX to NZAA. The flight normally leaves around 8:30PM PST and arrives in New Zealand 12 hours later. So, when the flight leaves tonight, Jan 15th, it will be Jan 17th when the plane lands in NZAA because you cross the International Date Line. The time at which it lands in NZ will be 5:35AM on the 17th. But, with Ttools you have to keep the times in with respect to the departure airport. So when you make your flight plan for this you have ignore the loss of the day and note the times. It may look like the following:AC#20,VH-OED,1%,WEEK,IFR,3/04:30,@4/16:30,390,F,NZAASo, this plane, VH-OED will leave at 04:30 Zulu (8:30PM PST) from LAX and travel to NZAA at FL390 and arrive there at 16:30 Zulu (8:30AM PST). To complete the round trip you should a return leg from NZAA to LAX following the idea previously mentioned. So, the return trip could be the following4/18:30,@5/06:30,390,F,KLAXTherefore the roundtrip will look like the following,AC#20,VH-OED,1%,WEEK,IFR,3/04:30,@4/16:30,390,F,NZAA,4/18:30,@5/06:30,390,F,KLAXInstead of using AITM you might want try just creating the plans in Notepad. It's a bit easier to see what you are doing. Just my two cents.

This flight cannot be easily entered into FS, since it arrives back in the original city after the original departure time (i.e. it takes more than 24 hours). You could use three WEEK schedules to simulate it, since each plane would only be able to fly the route every other day (you could add other flights to somewhere else so it doesn't sit on the ground all day). One flight plan would fly the route M-W-F, the second T-T-Sa. If you want the Sunday flight too, it would have to be part of a third WEEK schedule.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Aurthur, Tom,Thanks, I think I have them working now as it should - or at least they come and go as they should. They all seem to be a day late though, so if I simply change them all back a day, everything should be fine and dandy :()Thank again,Subs