Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

AFCAD causes FS to crash at 16%

I've tried importing several different airports with no success. I've tried AFCAD versions 1.3.2, 1.3.1, and 1.1 in that order all with the same result. AFCAD and the airport import seem to go off without a hitch, but when i try to run FS, after rebuilding the scenery db it trieds to "building indexes for...." scenery or something. Everytime it stops at exactly 16% and crashes to the desktop. I can get FS running again by replacing the affected .bgl file with its .ORIGINAL countertpart, but I want to know why i cant import any airports. I'm running XP Home, FS 2002 Pro, and as I said above I've tried three different versions of AFCAD all with the same result. I know these airports work because i had previously imported them into my old standard version of FS. I have scoured the net for answers and only found one other person with this problem (crashed at exactly 16%). I'm desperately searching for an answer. Can anyone help me, please?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First, I would stick with AFCAD1.32 since it is the latest. Second, are you trying to install the same afcad file with the different versions of AFCAD? If so, maybe that particular AFCAD text file is corrupted.Have you tried using AFCAD on the original *.bgl to the same airport? Try this:Make sure you have the original *.bgl file installed. If necessary, retrieve a fresh copy from your CDs, probably CD2/3 using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for the proper *.bgl and extract it to your fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder.Open AFCAD, search for or input your airport code. Open the airport. It should show the runways, and original taxiways. Make some small change, like adding a control tower if it doesn't have one; add a gate somewhere. Save the airport, follow the directions for saving, naming the file (name it test1), and then exit AFCAD.Using Windows Explorer, point to the fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder and see if AFCAD renamed your original *.bgl file to *.ORIGINAL and saved a new *.bgl.Start fs2002 and see if the problem is fixed. If so, consider the original modified AFCAD file corrupted. Either download a new copy or different copy OR make your own using AFCAD/FS2002.