Sign in to follow this  
Guest dodger

klax /2lax

Guest dodger

hello all, i have overlay for los angles to use all 4 runways, following instructins in afcad, i have learnt to put in some ai traffic to fill it up ok,how do i program the aircraft to use the north side of the airport i am not sure about this yet, i have klax and 2lax in fs , any help would be appreciated , and i know this has nothing to do with flight simming except the time i spend on it !!!but today 14 april i have been married 41 yrs . thanks and regards to all for the help.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Well, 41 years ago is about the time I saw my first Dodger game - at Ebbetts Field in Brooklyn.But back to Flight Sim - The instructions in TTools are pretty good. What you need to do is run the TDecompiler program which will generate 3 files: aircraft.txt, airports.txt, and flightplans.txt. Each of these can be edited with any editor - Notepad or Wordpad are probably the easiest to use.You will need first to add 2LAX to the airports.txt file - something like this:2LAX,N33* 54.03',W118* 21.86',125where you can cut-and-paste the latitude and longitude from your AFCAD box.Then, go into flightplans.txt and switch some of the KLAX planes to 2LAX, or create new flight plans for 2LAX using the same format. Save both the airport and flightplans files, run TCompiler and then bring up FS2002. That's really all there is to it...Unless, of course, you're like the rest of us at this forum. You need to go to the real LAX web site and find which airlines are at which terminals. Then you have to download all those liveries, and use them to populate your aircraft.txt file and flightplans.txt file. Next, you'll need to figure out RAFCAD so you can get all the planes to the right terminals and the right sized gates.Don't worry. If she's stuck with you for 41 years, she'll put up with a few more nights...

The best way to move traffic to an overlay airport is to use AITM (AI Traffic Mover). You can specify the aircraft that should move to the overlay (to separate traffic by airline, for example). Hope this helps,Tom

Guest dodger

thanks fellows all the best.