Sign in to follow this  
JimBob

So, will this cause a problem .....

I've seen some screenshots where the AI A/C in view do not display the registration number but the Airline and Flight # which , to me at least, are a lot more meaningful. Sooo ........Question #1 .... As far as I can tell that registration # does not serve any real function as far as the operation of FS2002 AI goes. ( If it does please tell me now before I really screw the pooch ! ) cause I want to replace the reg. # on commercial flights with the A/L name and flight #. ( I will make a back-up ).Question #2 .... Before I start writing code does there already exist a utility to do the replacement.Again stepping onto the "Rickety Bridge"TIAJimBob

1. The Regs will not affect the airplane's flight at all.2. As far as I know, there are no utilities available.

Thanks for the response, that's what I thought ...... so I guess it's time to start writing the utility program. JimBob

Guest Captain Barfbag

You didn't mention it and you've probably already figured it out, but the use of the Registration number vs. Airline/Flight Number is controlled by the R or F field in each flightplan line.Also, you will find that if you turn on the ATC ID graphic so that you see each AI plane's ID when you see it visually (assuming it's not on the ground,) then it will use the value specified as Registration number, regardless of the R or F field.

Thanks to you also! Interesting what one learns when one starts to take something apart and put it back together a little differently. Once I started thinking about the variables involved and what could be changed it became apparent that this could get pretty complex if I let it. I decided not to ..... "KISS" method first time through !Thanks again,JimBob