Sign in to follow this  
Guest H_Kev55

AFCAD: How do I make stuck AI move at runway?

Guest 727Fan

While the AFCAD files are wonderful, the problem of AI aircraft behaving like angry mules at the runway is making me crazy. It's happening everywhere these days. 4 or 5 AI line up at the hold-short line at the active for take-off. 2 take-off. The others have frozen and will not proceed.I've tried changing the active runways, but this only works once in a while.Is there an AFCAD wizard in the house? Is there a comprehensive method you can describe that helps eliminate this maddening behavior?Thanks to all!!!!Rick

Try placing your hold short nodes closer to the runway. Add more normal nodes.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Yeah, that's the answer. Specifically, if you place one more normal (blue) node back just a bit (further from the runway) from the hold-short (red) node, you will usually fix the problem.When you've got AFCAD open, everyone should get in the habit of using Tools-Fault Finder. This will find a lot of little problems. One thing it catches is the misplaced hold-short nodes which sometimes trap taxiing aircraft. Fault Finder is a relatively new tool in the AFCAD arsenal, so some of the older AFCAD downloads available didn't have the advantage of this when they were created.

Guest 727Fan

OK Jetfreak and Cpt. Barfbag, I appreciate your answers. I've never placed nodes before, but that shouldn't present a problem. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the expertise!Rick

Captain Barfbag is right. Tools/Fault Finder made an already fantastic program 10x better. It's quite the time saver, as before it was added it would take hours of spotting/reloading/searching for the problem.CJ PuttKTPA