Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corey

We have project ai, ultimate traffic.

Guest Corey

We have project ai, ultimate traffic. We need a project ai sound that can make sound for our ai aircraft.The ai aircraft sound soft on take off, landing an taxiing. The startup sound is unrealistic; I am wondering if this can be change an if so is there any one will to do it. I can help getting sounds of aircraft landing take off start up, taxi and shout down. I can get sounds of A320,21,340,B737,757.

Howdy:I can't provide an answer for FS2004 (though I'd be interested to hear from FS04 owners whether this has changed) but I know that for FS2002 all AI aircraft are mapped to one of four basic sound categories - single prop, turbo twin, small jet, or large jet. Sound selection is based on the engine_type parameter in the aircraft.cfg file and the sound files (starting with "ai_" and "xai_") are located in the FS/Sound folder. In other words, any sound files you place in your AI aircraft's sound subfolder, or any attempts at setting an alias, will be ignored by the AI engine. There are at least two alternative sets of AI sounds in the avsim file library but none of them does overcome the four-different-sounds issue. Sorry but there's no use in setting up a "Project AI Sound" - nice idea though.Cheers, Holger

Guest Corey

thanks for the quick reply,i have fs2k4,what tool do i need to see if the sound categories can be change in 2k4.