Sign in to follow this  
Cee-Jaay

A tight squeeze...

Hi folks,I'm designing some scenery for an airfield that has an apron with stands laid-out in a grid without much 'elbow room'. I've modelled it precisely but found that AI traffic halts on entering/leaving the apron because of the promixity of parked aircraft, is there a way of overriding this somehow.I know I could reduce the aircraft radius artifically but that would affect parking at all the other airports (and would seriously complicate things if I was to upload it anywhere).Is there another way round this (it has only one runway and one main taxiway) so overlays would be a tricky way to go?Cheers for any suggestions/info on this,C.J.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cheers Tom I may need to do that. When I thought about it, I looked again at the default radii and found them to be roughly double the PHYSICAL aircraft radius (taking the larger of length and wingspan and dividing by 2). When I set them to this, the AI are happy to get a bit more snug.I guess larger radii are to give bigger gaps in queues of aircraft (although why this factor coulddn't have been programmed-in must be a mystery known only to the MSFS developers).Thanks,C.J.