Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

AFCAD / FS2002 taxiing problem

I have the following strange problem, and I would appreciate your suggestions as to how to solve it:I am referring to some custom AFCAD I have created for LIRN ( Naples, Italy)When aircraft land on runway 24, once they slow down, instead of taxiing ahead to the next available turnout (there is one), they make a 180 degrees turn and head back for the previous turnout!Why doesn't this occur at every runway? What is so special with LIRN? Is there something I can do about it?RegardsStamatis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think this usually has to do with the location of the turnouts at the moment the plane switches from landing to taxi mode (about 15-20 kts). If you move the turnouts (or change the landing roll of the plane) this usually fixes this. Some say to break the runway taxiway line right after a turnout, so it forces them to go on to the next turnout, but this doesn't always work for me. Worth a try though.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hello Tom,"If you move the turnouts (or change the landing roll of the plane) this usually fixes this."I'd hate to move the turnouts because I don't want to have aircraft taxiing on the grass. For me, this is even worse than the problem I have now. "Some say to break the runway taxiway line right after a turnout, so it forces them to go on to the next turnout,"Ok, I will try this method.Thanks for the suggestions, appreciated.Stamatis