Sign in to follow this  
Guest cantana1

New to this... help with pai installer

Guest cantana1

andrew/ramsgateHi all .I am new to all of this so please excuse me if my question seems silly!.I hav installed all of the PAI packages ,so I decided to add some Fedex flt/plns as well.All seemed ok with KMEM packed with FedEx.The problem is when I compiled T/Tools some of my packages were "thrown out". It took some effort to find out which ones but I did in the end (RyanAir/Northwest). So I the used the installer to put them back in. Now all OK.My question is everytime I want to add traffic of my own what is the best way to do this, without this problem occuring again?Hope I have made myself clear.Thanks in advance

I am assuming the FedEx flt/plns were not PAI certified. Probably what happened is the FedEx aircraft overwrote the RyanAir/Northwest aircraft with the FedEx aircraft. For instance, from the aircraft.txt file:AC#3061,454,"PAI A319 NWA" may be a PAI Northwest aircraft.If changed:AC#3061,454,"FEDEX A300 Something" all the flightplans referencing AC#3061 would then use the Fedex aircraft vice the original PAI aircraft.You new Fedex flightplans are probably still in the updated flightplan file, tacked to the end.Visit http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM and download AITM to help sort out these kinds of problems.Also visit http://www.projectai.com/ ,Project Status page to see PAI's official number system for airlines/aircraft. You need to make sure your Cargo aircraft are not using the same numbers.W. Sieffert

Guest cantana1

andrew/ramsgateThanks for your advice on this. I will get AIM and check the flight Nos Andrew