Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Callsigns for AI traffic not working...

Guest Basil

Maybe this is a better forum to post this in. (I started a related thread a week ago in the main MSFS forum that didn't turn up anything very helpful.)I'm going crazy trying to get ATC to refer to AI traffic by their call signs. Below I am going to post portions of three aircraft.cfg files where I get three different results in how ATC communicates with the AI aircraft. In the first case, it works. In the second case, I get ATC referring to it as "Boeing Nxxxx" (where Nxxxx is the registration number). In the third case, I just get ATC using a registration number ("JAxxxx"). I'd appreciate the help of anyone who can scan the airline.cfg files and tell me what I'm doing wrong.Oh, FWIW, I do have an expanded airlines.cfg file with the airlines in them. And I'm using FS2002.Here's the airline.cfg file for the first:#fltsim.3#title=Boeing 737-400 AlaskaAirlinessim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=3kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N797ASatc_airline=Alaskaatc_flight_number=39ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Alaska Airlines#General#atc_type=BOEING AIRCRAFTatc_model=B734This one works. ATC will refer to the AI aircraft as "Alaska xxxx."The second one:#fltsim.0#title=AIA 757-200_UPSsim=aia_757_200_rrmodel=panel=sound=texture=upskb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_airline=UPSatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Aardvarkui_type=757-200ui_variation=United Parcel Servicedescription=AI Aardvark 757-200 (RR)atc_id_color=0000000000visual_damage=0atc_heavy=1#General#atc_type=Boeing atc_model=B752 In this one, ATC will refer to the AI aircraft as "Boeing Nxxxx" instead of "UPS xxxx".And finally:#fltsim.0#title=AIA B734 JAL Expresssim=aia_737_400model=panel=sound=texture=atc_id=JA8000atc_airline=Japan Airatc_flight_number=1ui_manufacturer=Aardvarkui_type=Boeing 737-400ui_variation=Japan Airlines Expressdescription=AI Aardvark 737-400atc_id_color=0000000000visual_damage=0#General#atc_type=BOEING AIRCRAFT atc_model=B733 In this one, I simply hear "JAxxxx."I thought I only needed to make sure atc_airline uses a callsign recognized by ATC. I know ATC recognizes these callsigns (UPS and Japan Air). Why isn't it using them for my AI aircraft?-Basil

This probably has nothing to do with the plane's aircraft.cfg file. There is a code in the flight plan that tells ATC to use the N number or the Airline/Flight Number, and it appears that it is incorrect in the last two plans.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Basil

Hi, Tom. Long time, no chat!Thanks for the tip. I'll check out that code when I get home tonight.-Basil

Guest Captain Barfbag

In FS2002 (not sure about 2004, but why change it?) it's the 'F' or 'R' code. 'F' is for flight number (including airline) and 'R' is for the aircraft's registration number, which should be taken from the same line as the traffic file entry, not from the aircraft.cfg file.