Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronalito

TTools and TrafficLook (from Fsuipc)

Guest ronalito

Hello everyone.One question:Traffic look is able to give a list of the situation of the planes on the ground or airborne.Very practical to check and see the AI traffic on a given airport.But from where does TrafficLook get this information? (Obviouly from the FlightPlans but what I ask is from where PHISICALLY!)And if it is available somewhere, wouldn

Guest ronalito

Thanks very much for answering. I'll tried the SDK and revert tothe group if necessary.Kindest regardsrc

Guest ronalito

Dear Friend,I have dowloaded the SDk and am quite happy with a lot of its features, especially the *.dll for Fs9.But I am getting stucked with a command to get a *.Txt file with all my AI flights:The command, according to the Db instructions reads:"D:Archivos de programaFS2004SDKTRAFFICTOOLBOX_SDKTrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe" /Airports parameter /StatsDir parameteror in clearTrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe" /Airports parameter /StatsDir parameter I do not know how to add the name of the ouput file which I suppose should follow this instruction. Can you help Please?Tkas very much in advance and kindest regardsrc

You have to know how to use the Win2K/XP Command Prompt (MS DOS Prompt - Win98/ME). If not, press Start, All Programs (Programs), Accessories, and select the respective "Prompt". Once the DOS window opens, you need to move to the proper folder containing the Traffic Toolbox. It normally installs itself in your C:Program FilesFS2004SDKTRAFFICTOOLBOX_SDK folder. Moving to this folder is cumbersome. I recommend making a new folder in the C: drive labelled TRAFFIC or TTBOX. Copy all the files from the original folder to this folder.If after you open the DOS window and it indicates C:Windows> or some other folder, type CD . This will move you to the C: root folder. Type CDTRAFFIC or CDTTBOX or CD(whateveryounamedthe folder) . This will move you to the proper folder.If after you open the DOS window and it indicates a drive other than C:, the type C: . This will move you to the C: drive. If you need to move to the proper folder within C:, see above paragraph.Hopefully, you are now in the proper folder. I am assuming you used C:TRAFFIC as the folder so the PROMPT will look like the following:C:TRAFFIC>To view the files in TRAFFIC, type DIR . A list of files should appear. Now to the meat of what you are trying to accomplish.At the prompt, type:TrafficDatabaseBuilder /Airports=airports.dat If you want more than just the airports.dat file, you place more information on the prompt line:TrafficDatabaseBuilder /Airports=airports.dat /AircraftTypes= AircraftTypes.dat /Output=traffic.bgl TrafficDatabaseBuilder /Airports=airports.dat /Routes=routes.dat /StatsDir=StatsDir Make a subfolder under C:TRAFFIC labelled StatsDir then try the command line to see if it doesn't place files in this folder.W. Sieffert

Guest ronalito

Dear Mr. Sieffert,Thanks very very much for your detailed explanation. My problem was how to interprete the parameters and you solve that problem for me. Many thanks, everything work now the way I wanted and I could get the info desired.It was very kind to detail how to use the command.com screen, which I suppose many recent windows user kwow nothing of. It is is not my case, but tks again for doing it so well. (there is a new and fast form to access directly the Dir or Sub/dir selected in MSDOS/command. If you use the XP tweak you have an option to put on each of them in the Explorer a direct rightClick which shows:"Use command Prompt here" which is very practical.Once more, thanks very much for your help.Kindest regardsrc.PS. Are you by chance related to the Swiss F1 Pilot Jo Sieffert who was such an idol for me?

Hi RC,Well, I don't know if I'm related to Jo Sieffert but if he/she wants to give me a plane ride I go. I just got my Private Pilot's License in Feb04. There is a helicopter pilot were I train with a similiar last name, so when I see him, I call him cousin!Some would say were all related somewhere back in the early years.I am interested in the WinXP tweak you mentioned. Do you have a website or other information I can read to set up the tweak.Regards,W. Sieffert