Sign in to follow this  
Guest mambad

AI Aircraft Behavior

Guest mambad

I am a newbie.I am having trouble making AI conduct TNG's.My civilian aircrft work great.A320Beech 1900DMy Military aircraft are tempermental.F18 Super HornetP3CAll on VFR flight plans, departing at 3 min intervals.To my knowledge FS9 should allow multiple aircraft to conductTNG's.At times my F18 Superhornet will behave correctly andthen for no apparent reason decides that it doesn't want to doTNG's and flies into the stratosphere.The P3C takes off climbs to 1000', turns left (left hand circuit ineffect at CYQQ) then descends and crashes (disappears).Each aircraft have ther own Aircraft.txt, Airport.txt Fightplan.txt and traffic.bgl. All identical except for callsigns, AC# etc.Not sure if this is related to TTools of FS9.Any thoughts, ideas.

It's more likely to be due to the air files for these models. The NEMAI P-3 is OK for VFR T&G. I dont't have an F-18 but I am sure there is an AI air file for it if you can find one.George

Guest Kingair315

IF you are not using GA-Traffic, Highly recommend it.IF you do, then check -cruising- and stall speeds.Found that it sets up some aircraft, especially if -not- GMAX, which are the only aircraft the author recommends for this program...It even had my DC-3 set incorrectly, both stall and cruise were set much too low. They were behaving exactly as you describe. Once I set cruise for 160, this stopped.Before setting up Military aircraft, set the weights in aircraft.cfg to those equal to or less than the Citation X ie, 36400 empty 21700.... Once you use GA-Traffic to create an AI aircraft for it, you can even remove it from the aircraft folder, to improve frame rates. Also remove it from regular traffic.bgl so that you dont have duplicate flights.

Guest mambad

GeorgeThankyouCan not see forest for tress.Could not find NEMAI P-3, searched all over.Buuuuut checked where P3 aircraft text hence, Traffic.bglwas pointing and changed to the right aircraft.Now P3 works great.I understand that GMAX modeled aircraft work the best.Still can't find a F-18 that wants to do TNG's.But you set me on the right course.Thankyou again.Rennie

Guest Top Gun

The NEMAI package can be looked up by the author's last name, MacIntrye.It's a 4 part package. Mike updated the fm's for both the P-3 and C-130 which can be found on the PAI Military forum here.http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21343There is an AI model of that Superhornet on their site.http://flightinfo.ens.ne.jp/FS_KBT/dai.htmGraham King on the PAI military forums has done a slew of AI skins for the AI F-18 model as well as other models out there. http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134I have created East Coast and West Coast NAS packages found in the library here. Just do a search for my last name, O'Brien

Hi Dave,Thanks for the HU on Daisuke's F/A-18E.George

Dave,Do you find that the Super Hornet Light will not do VFR T&G ?George

Guest mambad

GeorgeForest for trees problem again!!So right you are, I did not think of VFR versus IFR.I have changed the flight plan for the F18 so many timesI can't remember if the one time I did get the F18 to doT&G's, if it was IFR. (Probably was)The help file of TTools shows an example with VFR, soI used VFR. The other aircraft work fine, so I guess Igot locked in.I will try with IFR and if that does not change thingsI will learn about air files and if they can be modified.Maybe Dave will come up with a solution.Thanks again I appreciate your help.RegardsRennie

Guest mambad

George, Dave "Top Gun" O'Brien, and Kingair 315I would like to pass on a huge "Thank you" toyou gentlemen for your assistance.As I mentioned in my orginal post I am new at flight simming.I now have a F18 doing VFR TNG's, which of course was theobjective.More important, the knowledge I have gained regardingcfg, air, texture files and TTools has increased 100%+.Which puts me at a level of -10 when compared to you folks.George, your tip of using Rick Piper's Meteor T7 air filecoupled with your instuctions was what led to my success.In addtion it open the door to other aircraft.Rick and crew did an excellent job on the Meteor.Again "Bravo Zulu".RegardsRennie