Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Crossing Runways??

Guest 727Fan

So I am reading posts that say AFCAD 2 doesn't allow crossing runways to be used?And I see some AVSIM Library files with banners proclaiming a new method to achieve crossing runway usage.For example; I want to make Milwaukee Mitchell (KMKE) use runway 1L for arrivals and 7R for departures, These runways cross each other approx midway. KMKE has parrallel runways, but one of each parrallelis way too short for commercial use.Is the method to do this different from AFCAD 1?Will the AFCAF modified airport do strange things? Will the AI actually use the crossing runways I tell them to?I need some direction here before I plow into AFCAD 2 or else I'm sure I'll screw up something.Thanks for any guidance!!Rick

Guest 727Fan

WOW George!Thanks for the link. I had no idea crossing runways presented such a problem in FS9.AFCAD 1 was simple. Although I was limited to 2 active runways, it didn't matter if they were parallel or crossing.I'm not that advanced an AFCAD user. But I do know I could manipulate AFCAD 1 runway designations easily.I'm just a little lost when I read the link.Thanks.I'll have to either get up to speed, wait for someone else to write a file for me, or just deal with FSS 9's shortcomings.Rick

Guest Kingair315

KLGB has two runways which cross near the ends. With AFCAD, I set the long one up for Departures Only... The other was set for Arrivals, and it worked... Probably because when taking off on the long one, aircraft are in the air less than half way down the runway. When Landing on the other, they are Down long before the place where they cross...